Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expected delivery dates ?

CGN Regular

Expected delivery dates ?

um, did the Expected Delivery link on Marstar site dissappear ?

I can't seem to find it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Regular
    wow, fast reply thanks. I saved the link.
    just cant find it from their home page.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I could never find it from their homepage...I just checked their sub-forum and took a mental note of the link
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Expired Business
    EXPECTED DELIVERY DATES;
    Yes we are removing it....
    Simply catching too much flak, we thought it would help, it has done nothing but cause grief....

As the title states, these are EXPECTED delivery dates based on what the factories promise, when things don't happen exactly as anticipated we catch hell....e mails, phone calls, faxes, negative postings etc, etc....

We feel our staff can put their time to better use instead of answering people whose sole pleasure seems to be finding fault and berating people....

One more thing we tried, we were wrong, sorry
    John

You know what they say John..... "No good deed goes unpunished"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. Sir Winston Churchill

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    EXPECTED DELIVERY DATES;
    Yes we are removing it....
    Simply catching too much flak, we thought it would help, it has done nothing but cause grief....

As the title states, these are EXPECTED delivery dates based on what the factories promise, when things don't happen exactly as anticipated we catch hell....e mails, phone calls, faxes, negative postings etc, etc....

We feel our staff can put their time to better use instead of answering people whose sole pleasure seems to be finding fault and berating people....

One more thing we tried, we were wrong, sorry
    John
    I think the # of people that appreciate your service and advance information is much larger than the ones that got nothing better to do than complain about everything. I really wish you wouldn't give in to these people. .

Expected dates can be maintained John. Perhaps, putting items up when they have left the export country would be more useful. Once they have left the country and are en route you can put up an expected date and nothing before that. This would give buyers advance warning to ready their funds for purchase and you would have buyers saving their money for your products whereas they might spend that money in those few days/weeks before the item is available.

Other dealers do this with no problem. I.e. Wolverine with their new CSA rifles. They told us about them, probably as they were shipping from the Czech republic because a few weeks after they annouced the new product, it was in Canada. It is hard to promise things so far in the future when you are not completely in control of the product.

This way expectation can be more closely matched with the ability to deliver.
    Last edited by ridgearms; 10-02-2010 at 07:39 PM.

CGN Regular
    Johnone

What about send ing out an e-mail blast when a new item arrives in stock, this way we would not have to constantly check every single item on the web site to see what is "in Stock".....
    OR.... How about a page that shows just swhat is in stock, say by category....or something....??

Just a thopught.

CGN Regular
    As mentioned before, people just like to be "in the loop". If an orders running late, people will understand. This can be as simple as doing a weekly update on your website.

Keeping your customers in the dark is what causes you to "catch hell".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast