Thread: Forest Hill gun Club-Etobicoke

Forest Hill gun Club-Etobicoke

Hey there,
    Looking for my first club,and I was was wondering if any out there in the CGN were members of or, better yet, had any input about the Forest Hill Revolver Club?

BANNED
    Never heard of 'em. May well have shot against 'em, long ago though. Mind you, I haven't lived in Etobicoke for a long time. Grew up there.
    The range they use is in an old Police station at 305 Royal York Rd. North of The Queensway. East side. Very nice range. There will be a club shooting every night of the week if Sunday evening is an issue. Pick a night and pop in.
    http://www.fhrc.ca/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer illumined's Avatar
    Thanks for the info! I''m going to call them this week!

CGN frequent flyer
    Good luck in shooting FMJ bullets there. All they want you to shoot is lead bullets only. I joined the club a couple years back & then got my money back, afew months later, because of this issue. Their back stop at that range sucks big time, unless they installed a new one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    This is right around the corner from me but after checking into it, there were too many restrictions for the money they wanted. Plus you could only shoot on Sunday evenings.

I got to check out Silverdale yesterday with another member here and was very impressed with the facility and people. Sure it's a bit of a drive but I imagine you are not far from me being in the west end. Once you hit the QEW it's not bad at all.

Cheers!

Hello, I know this thread is very old, but instead of posting a new post, I'm just asking if there's any info on this club. I can't find anything online but it doesn't seem like there was anything about it being closed either (although I do remember hearing about Toronto banning gun ranges, as if that has anything to do with crime, jesus fn christ).
    I just got my RPAL and really want to join a range. The closest to me (Mississauga) is I think the Burlington Rifle Club which seems ok but man it seems to be a long wait. Target Sports I've gone to and I would consider it but it's far and I don't want to jump the gun. Silverdale of course is great but outdoor only, so I'm gonna wait before biting the bullet.

Forest Hill closed down years ago...as did Union Station gun club as did Hart House gun club at the UofT. It all stemmed down to our Mayor Miller at the time...he declared war on all gun ranges on city property to be closed down.
    All's ya got left really close to you is "the bunker" (Lakeshore arms and a few other clubs have a few days a week in there) at dixie south of lakeshore. Thats the reality of gun clubs in the city.
    "We must Unite as ONE!!"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trypt View Post
    I just got my RPAL and really want to join a range. The closest to me (mississauga) is I think the Burlington Rifle Club which seems ok but man it seems to be a long wait. Target Sports I've gone to and I would consider it but it's far and I don't want to jump the gun. Silverdale of course is great but outdoor only, so I'm gonna wait before biting the bullet.
    With Burlington I've heard that if you're an early bird and just show up there when they have their safety course you have a fair chance of getting in, in place of a no-show. Galt is also a nice club although it's expensive for your first year with their pricey safety course and initiation fee. I'm not sure what the waiting list situation is at HAHA but nice people there too, and Wentworth for indoor only.

Edit: Also Guelph is a great facility if you know someone who can get you on the waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by RocKeTRicH View Post
    Forest Hill closed down years ago...as did Union Station gun club as did Hart House gun club at the UofT. It all stemmed down to our Mayor Miller at the time...he declared war on all gun ranges on city property to be closed down.
    All's ya got left really close to you is "the bunker" (Lakeshore arms and a few other clubs have a few days a week in there) at dixie south of lakeshore. Thats the reality of gun clubs in the city.
    He figured it’s better to shoot in the TO streets and he was correct.
    CCFR — CSSA