Fsn rifles

Question regarding the end/cap of the gas assembly (to the right of the forestock in pictures below) - some are silver/grey as in the FSN-01 picture and some are blued as in the FSN-01F? However, I noticed in the Marstar Youtube demo that the FSN-01F model being demonstrated seems to have a silver/grey cap (or whatever the proper term is), contrary to both images of it on the website. Is there any consistency to this? What is going to be on a rifle I would buy? And what the hell is it actually called? :redface:

Yes, it's a silly question but something I'd like to know before pulling the trigger on one, so to speak. I would appreciate any feedback from you, John, or anyone who has one in hand (soon, I hear?) and can shed some light on this.

FSN-X-Mas.jpg

FSN-X-Mas2.jpg

Question regarding the end/cap of the gas assembly (to the right of the forestock in pictures below) - some are silver/grey as in the FSN-01 picture and some are blued as in the FSN-01F? However, I noticed in the Marstar Youtube demo that the FSN-01F model being demonstrated seems to have a silver/grey cap (or whatever the proper term is), contrary to both images of it on the website. Is there any consistency to this? What is going to be on a rifle I would buy? And what the hell is it actually called? :redface:

Yes, it's a silly question but something I'd like to know before pulling the trigger on one, so to speak. I would appreciate any feedback from you, John, or anyone who has one in hand (soon, I hear?) and can shed some light on this.

FSN-X-Mas.jpg

FSN-X-Mas2.jpg

The "silver" part is the gas block. It is either hard chromed or some type of stainless bead blast finish. I doubt that it is just "painted" that color. Basically, if it is hard chromed or stainless steel it is an upgrade over other models.

Thanks, knew there was an obvious term that was escaping me. Called in an order this morning, apparently it's nickel plated and the same on both models so the FSN-01F picture remains a mystery! I actually prefer the blued look but I'm sure I'll manage.

Thanks, knew there was an obvious term that was escaping me. Called in an order this morning, apparently it's nickel plated and the same on both models so the FSN-01F picture remains a mystery! I actually prefer the blued look but I'm sure I'll manage.
R u kidding me. $650 for the rifle and also $200 for the Arma-Coat deal & even with shipping & taxes it will be less than Wolverines version plus you will never have to worry about rusting your rig because everyone knows bluing is the cheapest and weakest form of finishing on a rifle. Plus if you look at some of there pic's the bolt carrier's and bolt cover's are painted any way. Hands down Marstar deal beats all other company's selling these shorties on the Canadian market today. Plus for an extra $1 you get a nock off colt 22LR handgun!

Ordered the O1F the other week. Should have it in another 2! Cant wait! Beautiful lookin firearms... Just one question, i heard some initial models had problems with ejecting casing'. Are the Marstar models updated?

Back
Top Bottom