Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 919212223242526272829

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

Got the cheque in the mail this morning,full purchase price + taxes + shipping.

CGN Regular
    I wonder if this kinda reclassification bs is why we are pretty much always out of stock on "military styled" semi-autos. Seems like often dealers only get a small order in and it sells out in hours or days. I can see why stuff from the US can be hard to get - every time some nut job goes on the rampage, guns sell out like crazy by citizens fearing they'll lose the ability to buy them. But I would have thought stuff from Europe or China wouldn't be much effected by what goes on in the US. Though, I guess if I was a Canadian Firearms Dealer, I wouldn't want to have a whole lot of stock sitting around that might become prohibited on a whim.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M1-Garand View Post
    Got the cheque in the mail this morning,full purchase price + taxes + shipping.
    The only good thing about that is it sets a precedent for the government to pay in full for their confiscations...which might make them slower to do it in future, we can hope.
    Better than the Liberal system of ban and confiscate with no compensation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Some more ugly stuff coming this spring/summer. The reclassification wheels are turning.
    fml...
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy View Post
    It could be argued that they look just like an AK variant, and they fire the same cartridge.
    Looks...kinda... but looks mean nothing.

Interchange is what they look for.
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    i dont wanna scare anyone who got their guns "reclassified" but i got the same letter about 20 years ago.
    no big deal, turned in my gun to the local RCMP station and went on with my life.
    So you happily gave up a gun that was legal for you to own the day before...did you get a refund? If not...that is called theft.

Posted in wrong spot

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    So you happily gave up a gun that was legal for you to own the day before...did you get a refund? If not...that is called theft.
    No, he gave it away. Very different from theft. According to you, anyone that posts in the "Free" section of Craigslist is being robbed.

No, he gave it away
    He only gave it away under THREAT of a criminal charge, that is THEFT.
    "Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.”
    ― Thomas Sowell,