Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

Does that go for the homemade semi Stens like what Claven was making about a year ago in the Milsurp Tutorial with pics. Are they non-transferrable as well because of the open bolt?

If it was manfactured as a semi auto only and can't take the full auto parts ie drop in then its a semi auto restricted or non restricted depending on barrel length. you can make anything and transfer if if you really want to as long as you have the class to own it and it's not a prohibited device it has to be sent in for approval though ie they make a FRT number for it. They did that with my 10/22 had to make a new FRT number because it had a 10.5 inch barrel and was non restricted they had 11 inch barrel on flie but no 10.5 then they said it must be restricted I said no its 32 inchs long so it's non restricted with the stock they took care of it over the phone so.

If it was manfactured as a semi auto only and can't take the full auto parts ie drop in then its a semi auto restricted or non restricted depending on barrel length. you can make anything and transfer if if you really want to as long as you have the class to own it and it's not a prohibited device it has to be sent in for approval though ie they make a FRT number for it. They did that with my 10/22 had to make a new FRT number because it had a 10.5 inch barrel and was non restricted they had 11 inch barrel on flie but no 10.5 then they said it must be restricted I said no its 32 inchs long so it's non restricted with the stock they took care of it over the phone so.

The portion of your post in bold print is not accurate, as it relates to the semi auto Stens discussed here and elsewhere.
Your report of your personal experience with the 10/22 is no doubt correct.

I remember when I had my "mandatory house inspection" that the Alberta CFO described by BD38 to the local RCMP as being a "Gangster Gun" and "Highly in demand by criminals". Just goes to show, if it looks mean, it must be mean. School/Movie theater shootings in the US don't help either....

I have to speak to my father, he is an ex-Lawyer and current Justice of the Peace.

Please everyone right your local MP pleading this case....these have legally been in the hand of law abiding citizens for years and I don't know of one documented crime commited with them!!!

Last edited:
I remember when I had my "mandatory house inspection" that the Alberta CFO described by BD38 to the local RCMP as being a "Gangster Gun" and "Highly in demand by criminals". Just goes to show, if it looks mean, it must be mean. School/Movie theater shootings in the US don't help either....

I have to speak to my father, he is an ex-Lawyer and current Justice of the Peace.

Please everyone right your local MLA pleading this case....these have legally been in the hand of law abiding citizens for years and I don't know of one documented crime commited with them!!![/QUOTE]

Any relief for the owners will likely be political. MPs, Minister of Justice. Using the T97 precdedent, compensation is a possibility.

Tell us about this "mandatory house inspection." WTF?

I think that refers to when you get your Restricted PAL and when you buy a Restricted gun they ask you from Miramichi what is the purpose, (1) Collecting or (2) Range Use?

The (1) Collecting Option gets you the home inspection if you don't belong to a gun club and only want to collect and not shoot.

tumbleweed.gif

As an owner of a bd-38. I would like to know how many were brought in to Canada? When I lost my T-97 there were only 35 in private hands. I would hope the situation is different with these. If the firearms center is forced to compensate owners at $2800-3000 per firearm and if ??? were sold... well the cost could be staggering. Where by reducing the chances of compensation.

HOME INSPECTIONS, whether or not you are a collector a police officer may enter your home at any time, with or without a warrant, if he/she has reason to believe you are a threat to public safety....
This all very clear in the firearms act....

John

i e-mailed my MP, this is only the beginning, RCMP answer to no one, whats next on there list......registration = confiscation, there's the proof !!!!!!!!!

i e-mailed my MP, this is only the beginning, RCMP answer to no one, whats next on there list......registration = confiscation, there's the proof !!!!!!!!!

If you are going to contact your MP, please try to stay close to the demonstrable facts, and not fantasy.

i just asked my MP to look into it.... i just got off phone with CFC i asked them if it was a prohib now they said yes i then said great now you can add prohib to my licence because it looks like i legally own a prohib.... he didnt have an answer to that.

Back
Top Bottom