Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62x54r

We have to wait for the item to get online before calling? been refreshign the site since 8h00..
    So many Mausers so little time.

Expired Business
    JOHNTO;
    As you are aware we do not do pre orders or waitig lists any more....

Once the ammo is posted to the site it will be "first come, first served" but not to worry there is plenty for now....

John

Expired Business
    DRYZEN;
    Please, a little patience, it will be up shortly....
    John

Just dont want to miss out to the cases with everyone anxious to get some I am sure they will fly fast.
    So many Mausers so little time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ArtyMan's Avatar
    Just placed my order... Thanks!
    Keep Calm and Bring Grenades!

3 mm

A couple of questions:

1. Just to confirm, a Norinco M14s (308) takes .308, and NOT 7.62x54mm right? Or does it handle the longer cartridge and operate just fine?

2. Does an M14s (308) operate just as effectively with a 7.62x51mm cartridge as with the .308? The article below suggests I should be cautious. Ignore the 303 British in the domain name: http://www.303british.com/id36.html

Do I have this backwards or not:
    • Rifle is chambered in 308: it will operate with 7.62x51 fine
    • Rifle is chambered in 7.62x51: it might not take a 308 nicely

I only have .308 ammo for my Norinco 14s right now, but I'm keen to get clarity on what to safely feed the beast.

.308 and 7.62x54r and totally different and not even close to interchangeably
    Teach a man to make a fire and he'll be warm for a night, light a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life

Quote Originally Posted by Kernalvax View Post
    .308 and 7.62x54r and totally different and not even close to interchangeably
    Thanks Kernalvax. Question #1 answered.

Any takers on Question #2. The internet has mostly confirmed a rifle chambered in .308 can take NATO 7.62x51mm. Apparently it is not 100% safe to do the opposite. That said, the internet doesn't offer to pull bits of my rifle out of my face if things go wrong.

Many posts state that the rifles chambered in 7.62x51mm often have extra head space to allow for ammunition inconsistencies. Also that the thicker military brass avoids nasty results when the gaps occur due to this extra head space. Place a reloaded, commercial, thinner cased .308 in these chambers and you may, in rare cases, get a nasty surprise. Is this the case CGN?

Sorry this is slightly off topic John, but I'm hoping to have this answered so when you get surplus 7.62x51mm in all the M14s newbies can confidently order up all your ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Eh View Post
    Thanks Kernalvax. Question #1 answered.

Any takers on Question #2. The internet has mostly confirmed a rifle chambered in .308 can take NATO 7.62x51mm. Apparently it is not 100% safe to do the opposite. That said, the internet doesn't offer to pull bits of my rifle out of my face if things go wrong.

Many posts state that the rifles chambered in 7.62x51mm often have extra head space to allow for ammunition inconsistencies. Also that the thicker military brass avoids nasty results when the gaps occur due to this extra head space. Place a reloaded, commercial, thinner cased .308 in these chambers and you may, in rare cases, get a nasty surprise. Is this the case CGN?

Sorry this is slightly off topic John, but I'm hoping to have this answered so when you get surplus 7.62x51mm in all the M14s newbies can confidently order up all your ammo.
    This has been beaten to death...

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=418462

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rdelliott's Avatar
    Case ordered! Thanks John!
    Member, Team Norinco Plinko. Will spot for beers.

This post is copyright (c) rdelliott. My express written permission is required for any reproduction or use other than discussions on canadiangunnutz.com.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast