Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dear John, Part II

CGN Regular
    come on robin2y your supposed to be a mind reader there is no way anyone else is responsible for this error... i mean your just one person with nothing else in life to do. on the other hand marstar, the company principle and its employees are too busy satisfing customers to help out. i use to say there is no bad advertising but the amount this company recieves leaves little doubt where i will not spend my hard earned cash

No lock yet! Woo Hoo
    I may be a Millwright but I can't fix stupid
    Millwrights-making engineers look good

CGN Regular
    Half truths (and I'm being generous) don't belong here.

1. I ordered a pair of 40 cal ejectors and 45 cal ones showed up instead. This is entirely Marstar's fault, not mine. More importantly, a full refund was NOT issued. Please correct your statement and issue the outstanding balance.

2. The norc 1911 I received at the beginning of the year was much looser than I've ever seen before, rattling louder than any of my pre-schooler's entertainment devices - way more than any other norc I own. Knowing a few things about 1911's, I took the trouble to investigate the issue and determined that the slide ways appeared to be cut oversized - everything else was good. Having engineering drawings of 1911's and a number of norc samples (some purchased for Marstar), I did send the comparative data. Thought that this would be appreciated. Apparently not. I actually returned the pistol with a request to replace the offending slide if it did not meet your spec, no refund was requested.

3. At no time whatsoever was a dimensional specification sent to Marstar for the Sport B order. My confirmed order from July disappeared without word to me. In following up in September, you personally mentioned the beginnning of the February order and indicated that things were much tighter now. I set you straight about my earlier correspondance, re-ordered without condition and you personally accepted this order. Please direct me to the date when the inability to meet an imaginary specification was communicated to me. Please post the imaginary, "all of the criteria you specified," or retract the statement due to factual inaccuracy.

R

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    ROBIN2Y;
    Since you have chosen to have matters discussed in this arena I will review your recent communications with our company.

On Oct 6th you order 2 ejectors for a 1991a1 the order was prepared and shipped,
    you were not satisfied and you returned them for a full refund which was issued Nov 18th

On Feb 22/2010 we invoiced and shipped you a Norinco 1911a1 which was not satisfactory and you returned it for a full refund including shipping, the refund was processed on April 30th.
    In your letter of March 12th you went on in some detail to state that the dimensions of the slide and frame did not meet your criteria when compared to a pistol you owned....

You did order a 1911a1 Sport B pistol, however after having the gunsmith measure some half dozen pistols none met all of the criteria you specified, hence we did not complete your order.... You did discuss this with our gunsmith.

We simply followed your instructions.... Did I miss something here ??

I hope that we can now close this file ??
    John

It must be some kind of conspiracy against Marstar...these threads only show up ab out this one dealer...weird.

BANNED
    They are so busy filling orders and shipping out product,sometimes things get mixed up.Please cut them a break they are a supporter of this site.

Sure. Except that Marstar receives the bulk of dealer complaints on this site. I bought something from them once and the screwed up so badly that I vowed never to deal with them again. This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with Marstar.

They shouldn't be cut any slack because they are a "supporter of this site". Wake up dude, this site is run for a profit by its owner, regardless of claims to the contrary. Dealers pay hefty fees to advertise on this site.

hard to believe it's still going....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    Does the Tokarev have Waffenampt marks like the Lee Enfield?
    IBTL
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

BANNED
    Dude: sarcasm can you recognize it ??????????

Expired Business
    RIDDERICK;
    "on the other hand marstar, the company principle and its employees are too busy satisfing customers to help out"
    I will try to explain yet again, the pistol was purchased from ME not from Marstar, two seperate entities....
    John