Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I loan a gun to a friend with a PAL?

Quote Originally Posted by JJT View Post
    as long as he also has an ATT then you should be able to lend restricted guns.
    If he plans on transporting the firearm he needs to get a ATT for the borrowed firearm, his friends ATT does not cover the borrowed firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Ftaview View Post
    If he plans on transporting the firearm he needs to get a ATT for the borrowed firearm, his friends ATT does not cover the borrowed firearm
    Not true my ATT is vaild for any restricted firearm that i hold a vaild registration certificate for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1895GS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    ATT's generally only cover firearms registered to your address....at least in Ontario.

Apparently, the CFO is even of the opinion that if father/son live in the same house each with their own ATT, they cannot transport each other's. At least this is what I've heard, I never bothered to confirm.
    I was wondering about this.
    The ATT says that it is good for all firearms registered at the address.
    It does not say anything about the ATT not being transferable between people at the same address.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1895GS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpod View Post
    Not true my ATT is vaild for any restricted firearm that i hold a vaild registration certificate for.
    The issue would be the firearm being transferred between addresses.
    House--->range----->house should be ok.

Damn these cryptic laws.
    Why the f does this siht even matter?

I am answering the OP, who is in Ontario

but what the RCMP has written seems to be for any province

don't shoot the messenger.....

Q. Can I borrow a firearm that is registered to someone else?

Yes, if you have a firearms licence that is valid for that class of firearm. When you borrow the firearm, the lender must also lend you the registration certificate so you can provide proof that the firearm is registered.

If you are borrowing a restricted or prohibited firearm, and you intend to transport it to another location, you are required to have an Authorization to Transport (ATT) from the Chief Firearms Officer of the province where the firearm is located, for the firearm being borrowed. An ATT is not required if you are transporting non-restricted firearms.

In order to obtain an Authorization to Transport a restricted or prohibited firearm, you can apply by calling 1-800-731-4000 or by submitting form CAFC 679 to the Chief Firearms Officer.

If you do not have a valid firearms licence, or if your licence is not valid for the class of firearm you wish to borrow, you may borrow the firearm only if you are under the direct and immediate supervision of an appropriately licensed adult (aged 18 or older) and there are no court orders prohibiting you from possessing firearms or other weapons.

Unfortunately most ATT's in Ontario probably have the same stipulation as does mine, and the friend will need to get an ATT for the borrowed firearm

this is the stipulation on my ATT

All Restricted Firearms Registered To The Residence Of The Authorization Holder

Ya it's too bad our ATT's don't just cover any and all legally owned or borrowed restricted firearms, it would be a hell of a lot easier for all of us, but big brother wants to be in control.........where ever and when ever possible

Unfortunately most ATT's in Ontario probably have the same stipulation as does mine, and the friend will need to get an ATT for the borrowed firearm

this is the stipulation on my ATT

Ya it's too bad our ATT's don't just cover any and all legally owned or borrowed restricted firearms, it would be a hell of a lot easier for all of us, but big brother wants to be in control.........where ever and when ever possible
    Strange that mine does.

Strange that mine does.
    Not* sorry

In your case Klenzer, Since its non restricted, Yes you can. Just give him the reg. papers and bam good to go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_klenzer's Avatar
    Thanks guys.
    Glad I'm not dealing with restricted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast