Whatever Happened to the Little AR that Could?

DrawBlood

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I heard something about a Non-AR lower that used modified uppers and was therefore non-retricted. I also heard something about duct tape and that led me to believe the RCMP lied and cheated their way to a prohibited classification. Can anyone help me out with this?

We have made a few lowers that will work with a modified 50 BMG upper that is designed for an AR lower. The upper is permanently modified so it will no longer accept an AR lower.
The RCMP DID duct tape an unmodified AR upper to our 1st submission and managed to get it to fire 1 round, so deemed that version as restricted.
The latest version has been deemed a "trigger group" hence not needing registration. I am at this time trying to reason with them to reclassify it as a non restricted firearm, as being a trigger group will only result in someone having needless legal expenses when challenged by any LE officer.

Ahhh... Duct tape - good for everything. Even holding guns together. This would not be the first time I have heard of someone duct taping a gun together.

Ahhh... Duct tape - good for everything. Even holding guns together. This would not be the first time I have heard of someone duct taping a gun together.

That is another reason to hate the CFO. They put duct tape on a brand new ATRS gun. :mad: I am planning on designing my own action from scratch. (based on the XCR... shhhh!) and handing it over to Rick to see if he can make any use of it. I want a quality black rifle under $2k damnit!

That is another reason to hate the CFO. They put duct tape on a brand new ATRS gun. :mad: I am planning on designing my own action from scratch. (based on the XCR... shhhh!) and handing it over to Rick to see if he can make any use of it. I want a quality black rifle under $2k damnit!

Actually the CFO had nothing to do with this. It was the guys at the RCMP lab in Ottawa that seem to feel duct tape is secure enough to hold a gun together:eek:

Back
Top Bottom