Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Taurus CT G2 carbine

CGN Regular
    ambi' as in ejection port? The sub 2K gets a little hot on the face if you dont have everything right....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

This firearms is not yet in production. According to the Taurus rep, it is on display to gadge for market interest. It will only go into production if there are enough orders, and production will take somewhere between 8-12 months.

The firearms itself has ambidextrous controls. Charging handle can be swapped to either side. The sights are removable, the production sights will probably be redesigned with some sort of QD mechanism (right now is screwed on). Projected MSRP is a little over 800 USD.
    sparhawk

CGN frequent flyer
    What's the deal with the magwell? It almost looks like a .223 well that's been adapted for pistol rounds.

BANNED
    I can't wait for one in 9mm! I get more and more excited for one everytime I look at this thread lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
    This firearms is not yet in production. According to the Taurus rep, it is on display to gadge for market interest. It will only go into production if there are enough orders, and production will take somewhere between 8-12 months.
    Well if a Taurus rep is reading this or someone is down at SHOT can they please suggest these are built to accept common pistol mags?? Perhaps a Canadian distributor can get on the phone and show interest, and while doing so suggest they're built to accept pistol mags?

Quote Originally Posted by chanman View Post
    What's the deal with the magwell? It almost looks like a .223 well that's been adapted for pistol rounds.
    When bringing guests to the range I've noticed the most common place to put their offhand is on the mag. This seems to take that into account and have a built in place for your hand.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_81 View Post
    When bringing guests to the range I've noticed the most common place to put their offhand is on the mag. This seems to take that into account and have a built in place for your hand.
    See, you totally should have invested in that VFG

I understand the front of the well, but it looks like there's a 'web' of material that extends from the rear to the trigger guard. It might be for aesthetic or durability purposes related to the magazine's placement, but it really looks like it wants a .223 mag in there.

new pictures
    sparhawk

CGN Regular
    I'll take one in 9mm glock please

It uses UZI type magazines - so it is a 5 rounder for the canuckland.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

[youtube]IFa2FO_9x4[/youtube]
    Aristotle - 'Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.'

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast