Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Steyr HS-50M1

Morpheus, thanks for posting pics

Talking barrel length

I do believe that the barrel length on this baby is 35.43" long compared to the 33" on the HS50. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus32 View Post
    It is on the left side. Unless you allow your rifle to recoil 3 feet during firing, not an issue for a right handed shooter. Not left handed friendly.

It is more like 2-3 inches from your mouth The gun does not recoil that bad anyways and with proper technique a person would be fine. I would be a little wary of a new shooter giving it a try. When I fire mine (reg HS50) no matter how well I hold I have to turn my hat around or it hits the brim everytime.

Mag in the lips = FAIL

Where do we get that rail for the regular HS-50? I need to mount a cup holder for my beer. Lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Well notice the action is right on top of the trigger, they can't put the magazine in the bottom without moving good 7" foward in front of the trigger guard. It does have a huge brake so I doubt that thing moves much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooker View Post
    Unless I'm totally screwed up here, the magazine is on the left side of the rifle, therefore if you're shouldering it with your left shoulder, it is to the left of the left side of your face, AKA, on the other side of the stock making it unfriendly for right-handed shooters, no?
    Thats how I see it!
    First thing I thought when I saw the puc was, "Christ, thats gonna re-arrange the face when you cap one off".

Some of you guys kill me. It is not an issue. I got behind the gun and played with it both left and right. No concerns what so ever. If based on pictures, you think it is, compared with actually handling the gun....hey knock your socks off. I say again...not a problem.
    Let Valour not Fail

Magazine position might actually be fine, but it doesn't look it. Remember, not every shot is perfect. I like my teeth where the are.

Quote Originally Posted by brnoshooter View Post
    Magazine position might actually be fine, but it doesn't look it. Remember, not every shot is perfect. I like my teeth where the are.
    I am quite sure that Steyr has a couple of people who know what they are doing and would not design a weapon that was dangerous to the operator.

Anyway, I am not going to comment again. I have lots of time behind a 50, and I personally handled this firearm...not an issue. If you can't hold onto your rifle properly, any rifle is going to hurt you.
    Let Valour not Fail

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast