Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - 45/70 Stuff

SHOT SHOW 2011 - 45/70 Stuff

During the show I will be visiting a number of manufacturers to discuss 45/70 related issues. From ammo to accessories. Check back as I update as I visit the various booths.

Bullets

Nosler

I sat down with the good folks at Nosler today at the SHOT show. I confirmed that there are no plans to produce the 300gr partition in the future. The only Nosler option is the 300gr Ballistic Silvertip. I expressed concern over the design of the silvertips and he assured me that they were specifically designed for use in modern 45/70s.

Barnes Bullets

I had a great discussion with Barnes on options for 45/70s. Shooters have two TSX options, the 250 and 300 gr. There is also a 300gr FN Barnes Original and the 400gr Buster which is essential a FMJ surrounding a lead core which functions more like a solid than expandable like the TSX.

Wild West Guns

Spent some time with the folks at WWG. *What an outstanding group of people and super patient. *I am very impressed with the quality and fit/finish of the guns they work over. *Good people but some significant amount of effort to get them to work on a canuck gun.

More to follow....
    Last edited by Morpheus32; 01-20-2011 at 01:52 AM.
    Let Valour not Fail

yeah I have gotten a few WWG parts for my 45/70. Its to bad the stuff isnt easier get as its quite nice. Not a big fan of the big hoops though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavyBullet's Avatar
    I have tried to contact WWG 3 times with no responses.

They have no desire to work with Canadian clients on an individual basis. When I talked to them at SHOT last year, they were VERY willing to work with a Canadian dealer.

Long story short... they want a Canadian dealer to step up and assume all responsibilities for the Canadian market, even going to far to ensure they would have exclusivity for the Canadian market.

All we need is for a dealer is step up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavyBullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr101 View Post
    They have no desire to work with Canadian clients on an individual basis. When I talked to them at SHOT last year, they were VERY willing to work with a Canadian dealer.

Long story short... they want a Canadian dealer to step up and assume all responsibilities for the Canadian market, even going to far to ensure they would have exclusivity for the Canadian market.

All we need is for a dealer is step up.
    Now that would be interesting, especially with our dollar being at par.

What I took from there dealer section on the MarlinOwners forum, is that they are state registered, and therefore CANNOT deal with individual CDN citizens. You can get some of there stuff through dealers through brownells. I got a large loop priced out for me and it was $240. For those that don't know they retail for 140-150. Pretty crazy. I would love for someone in Canada to become a dealer. I doubt I am the only one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    There was a dealer in British Columbia carrying WWG stuff a few years ago, not sure what happened there.
    CSSA Member

They were not providing the service to the Canadian market that WWG needed and expected.

I have to laugh, the ghost ring on the pro-guide on the bottom is installed backwards!
    If first you don't succeed, reload.

Member of the Mission Rod and Gun Club

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Skin View Post
    I have to laugh, the ghost ring on the pro-guide on the bottom is installed backwards!
    Good eye:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast