SHOT SHOW 2011 - Ruger Gunsite Scout 308

They could not tell me if any of the Canadian dist. had put any on order. They are coming out with 5rd. mags. and 5 & 10 rd. poly mags. One rep asked if we needed the 5rd. mags to be legal. I filled him in.

Can a single stack mag be loaded from the top while in the action?

In general, single stack detachable magazines cannot be loaded through the top of the action. The 1889-1891 Mausers had a single stack magazine that could be removed from the rifle, but not easily enough to function as a detachable magazine.

I had one in my hands today at the Buffalo gun center. It was very nice but as mentioned in another thread, it's a little heavy for a scout gun. I love the look and feel. Might just have to pick one up for my bush moose gun.

I queried a CGN vendor a few weeks back, and the story is that the US DoS will NOT allow export due to the flash hider. Once that is resolved, we should get it.

-- L

I had one in my hands today at the Buffalo gun center. It was very nice but as mentioned in another thread, it's a little heavy for a scout gun. I love the look and feel. Might just have to pick one up for my bush moose gun.

How much?

I was talking to Ruger on Thursday, the US State Dept will not allow export to Canada because of the threaded barrel & flash-hider. But she told me they are woking on a Canadian "friendly " version without the above! Hopefully soon!!
WJ

I was talking to Ruger on Thursday, the US State Dept will not allow export to Canada because of the threaded barrel & flash-hider. But she told me they are woking on a Canadian "friendly " version without the above! Hopefully soon!!
WJ

Is it both the treads and the flash hider or just the flash hider?

I wonder if that handy-looking rear sight will be available for sale separately. Or is that an aftermarket part?

Looks like a mini 14 rear sight!
It is both the the flash hider & threads that won't make it past the boarder,but they told me on a 22 rimfire it is acceptable!! Go figure.
I also found out some ruger mk iii pistols are coming with threaded barrels, let's see if they are allowed accross!
wj

If it's not available in Canada for a little while, I'm just gonna get myself a Jungle Carbine and be done with it. I really want a Ruger Gunsite Scout in .308 but i know i'm not going to mount a scope on it so the Jungle Carbine will do the same job for half the price. That's just me though, you may think differently. To each their own....

Back
Top Bottom