Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Swiss Arms SAPR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They must think pretty highly of it for $5000. I just don't get that kinda money for that thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JAGDMORDER's Avatar
    A fundraiser we should create!. Something like, "Cash for Gunnutz" or the like...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saskcop View Post
    They must think pretty highly of it for $5000. I just don't get that kinda money for that thing.
    Agreed. I see absolutely nothing special about that gun for $5000...

If I could have a non-restriced AR10, then i'd pass. But I can't, so this is the gun that fills that .308 black semi niche.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    It is cheaper than a KAC SR25 and is non-restricted to boot. I'm getting one.
    +1 Good rifles aren't cheap, and these will still be less than an SR-25.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewMarchand View Post
    $5000 has not been confirmed, has it?

I bet its no more then $4999 anyways.
    I went by the Swiss Arms price list, which puts the PE90 at 2820 CHF or ~$3000 CAD (our GS and BS are around this price, depending on dealer/condition), so I thought it'd be a good way to estimate the price.

The SAPR is put at 4990 CHF or ~$5300 CAD, so $5000 flat might have been optimistic since I didn't bother to do the conversion when I first looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Law View Post
    +1 Good rifles aren't cheap, and these will still be less than an SR-25.

I went by the Swiss Arms price list, which puts the PE90 at 2820 CHF or ~$3000 CAD (our GS and BS are around this price, depending on dealer/condition), so I thought it'd be a good way to estimate the price.

The SAPR is put at 4990 CHF or ~$5300 CAD, so $5000 flat might have been optimistic since I didn't bother to do the conversion when I first looked at it.
    Well, a man can dream, can't he?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We are still waiting for our samples as we need them to have an 18.5" barrel (non-restricted).

Soon baby soon....

JR

If it is 18.5" non-restricted I'll get one. A rough ETA would help me to plan how rapidly to divert funds. Looks like a nice general purpose bush gun :-)

PS
    I know it's down the road a ways, but can you source the cheekpiece as well when ordering? Page 8 in the catalogue:

http://www.swissarms.ch/fileadmin/editor/downloads/infomaterial/Preisliste_2009.pdf

Not sure why its 1500 more than the .223 but if it comes in NR, the privelege of being able to shoot it off the range would be worth every penny of 1500.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Loving the influx of medium cal black rifles. XCR-M, RFB and now the SAPR. The price means I simply can't justify it, though I would like it. I'm curious what their cost breakdown is.... if it's swiss made, their employees pay/benefits will be high, the government tax will be high, materials will be both high cost and high quality, and machinery and work will be A+++. Still, $5k? There is some money in a name after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    If I could have a non-restriced AR10, then i'd pass. But I can't, so this is the gun that fills that .308 black semi niche.
    Not fond of the RFB? Or how about the XCR-M ?

The SAPR is one sweet piece and would love to make a home in my safe for her but for 5k+ kinda out of the price range and not seeing why the 1.5 more than the 556 ?