Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Swiss Arms SAPR

R&D as well as tooling costs I assume? I haven't heard of them getting any large military orders to offset the initial startup costs.
    ‎"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Quote Originally Posted by Locos View Post
    R&D as well as tooling costs I assume? I haven't heard of them getting any large military orders to offset the initial startup costs.
    This, most likely...

I'm probably missing something here but isn't the SAPR pretty much the same as say a black special just in 308. Does that justify 1.5 k per rifle in R&D etc. Im no expert by an means, so I'm probably way off in my thinking here.

The 7.62/308 was developed first but abandoned for 5.56 cool aid 20 years ago. That's the reason the 5.56 receivers are so bulky/overbuilt. It's beyond me why it has taken 3 years to bring it to market. Maybe they should take the strapped to a shark's head accuracy requirement out of the testing...
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    The 7.62/308 was developed first but abandoned for 5.56 cool aid 20 years ago. That's the reason the 5.56 receivers are so bulky/overbuilt. It's beyond me why it has taken 3 years to bring it to market. Maybe they should take the strapped to a shark's head accuracy requirement out of the testing...
    Nice.

Glad to see it "maybe"? coming to Canada. But wow $$$$.
    "In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." Erwin Rommel

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yukoncoyote View Post
    Nice.
    But wow $$$$.
    Define irony. Is this yours?:
    ht tp://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab211/yukoncoyote/IMG_1093.jpg

Always wanted a black rifle in .308 and non-res but there's NO way I could talk momma into letting me get one at that price. I have Swiss Arms taste on a Swiss cheese budget.
    My LugNuts require more torque than your car makes!

Knights SR25's and such are very nice guns as well and also in this price range...and restricted.....this one's not.

By they way, SAN is doing quite well with military orders. Not any hudge 10's of thousands but quietly making many good steady sales, to special clients.

Rich

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    All of this talk of a $5k price tag is all just smoke...as is the discussion of how good it is. Who here has shot one?....<insert crickets chirping here>....
    5 pages of (mostly) flapping gums....
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

beltfed, they are worth every penny, you can take that to the bank Sir.