Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Swiss Arms SAPR

Quote Originally Posted by CarbineOne View Post
    I'd like to point out the fallacy in the logic of your statement; People buy Hi-Points.
    I would like to point out the fallacy in yours. One is $250 and another is $5000. I would buy a $250 piece of crap for shiggles, but I want serious equipment for 5g.
    If you read this, then you were actually smart enough to highlight it. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by timmay32 View Post
    Is there a public release date "set" for it yet?
    Not for Canada, the samples should arrive sometime this quarter, then the RCMP will have it for verification for who knows how long, once its status is given then they can release a date, if approved.

They are available so some in other countries.

Are they going to release a sniper version!!? I'm not to keen on shooting 7.62 in CQB at our ammo prices but I might be willing to do some SA mid range marksmanship stuff if they make it in 26" like the 5.56.
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I did, you weren't listening, Its worth every penny. I have no obligation to share details with doubters
    That's some funny stuff:D
    Sorry, I call B/S!:D
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    Are they going to release a sniper version!!? I'm not to keen on shooting 7.62 in CQB at our ammo prices but I might be willing to do some SA mid range marksmanship stuff if they make it in 26" like the 5.56.
    I'd like a longer-barreled version, too. Maybe 21" or 22".

I'd like just about any version. And I'd like it before this decade ends.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    All of this talk of a $5k price tag is all just smoke...as is the discussion of how good it is. Who here has shot one?....<insert crickets chirping here>....
    5 pages of (mostly) flapping gums....
    Easy there, it's not like it has devolved into a bear defense thread. Speaking of which, which would you prefer, a 12 gauge or an SAPR when that rabid grizzly slashes through the side of your RV?

Back sort of on topic. I'd pay 6k (4990 CHF price in Switzerland * 1.03 dollars per franc * 15% upcharge for Canada) for the SAPR if it is non-restricted. Obviously my assumption is that it will be reliable and accurate. This would be a versatile gun. Service rifle, tac rifle, hunting from coyote to moose, bear defence ( sorry couldn't help it :-) ).

The fact that the PE 90s are here and non-restricted bodes well for a non-restricted SAPR, but the 550 variant angle points toward prohibited status. We'll see eventually (?2012?).

scottm, they couldn't ask 2k for it if it wasn't accurate and reliable. Its both.

The SIG 540 7.62x51 is made in Chile. Their State Arsenal bought the rights to manufacture the 540 series in 5.56 and 7.62x51. The French used to manufacture SIG 540's also in 7.62x51.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    That's some funny stuff:D
    Sorry, I call B/S!:D
    As you wish, free to believe anything you like