SHOT SHOW 2011 - Swiss Arms SAPR

beltfed, they are worth every penny, you can take that to the bank Sir.

No offense but...What are you talking about? The SAPR? How would you know - have you shot one?
Some of these threads annoy me.
people come onto this portion of the forum to hear from the guys who have had their dirty mitts on the rifles, not wade through 5 pages of drivel about 'wow that's expensive/too much for my blood/man I wish I wasn't a poor student/wow, won't run pmags; that's a deal breaker for me...:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that we not talk or dream about a .308/7.62mm model swiss arms?? Sure nodody here has fired one yet but its still interesting to disscuss it. This is a public site you dont come here if all you want is professional opinions. IMO.

No offense but...What are you talking about? The SAPR? How would you know - have you shot one?
Some of these threads annoy me.
people come onto this portion of the forum to hear from the guys who have had their dirty mitts on the rifles, not wade through 5 pages of drivel about 'wow that's expensive/too much for my blood/man I wish I wasn't a poor student/wow, won't run pmags; that's a deal breaker for me...:rolleyes:

If Swiss Arms rifles sucked monkey balls, people would stop buyng them. But they don't. And people keep putting up the money for them. So as much as a lot of us don't have experience with it to say it is any good, there are samples of rifles of the same brand that are good, and you have no proof to say otherwise. Good day to you, sir.

If Swiss Arms rifles sucked monkey balls, people would stop buyng them. But they don't. And people keep putting up the money for them. So as much as a lot of us don't have experience with it to say it is any good, there are samples of rifles of the same brand that are good, and you have no proof to say otherwise. Good day to you, sir.

I'd like to point out the fallacy in the logic of your statement; People buy Hi-Points.

I'd like to point out the fallacy in the logic of your statement; People buy Hi-Points.

Even more fail in comparing why people pay $5000 for a rifle that is designed and tested to the highest of standards and hence worth the premium to some, to comparing why other people pay $250 for a guns that you would be a fool to trust your life to but for the cost of a night at the club can be a fun toy. Apples and hammers my friend. :D

Is there a public release date "set" for it yet?

Not for Canada, the samples should arrive sometime this quarter, then the RCMP will have it for verification for who knows how long, once its status is given then they can release a date, if approved.

They are available so some in other countries.

Are they going to release a sniper version!!? I'm not to keen on shooting 7.62 in CQB at our ammo prices but I might be willing to do some SA mid range marksmanship stuff if they make it in 26" like the 5.56. :)

Are they going to release a sniper version!!? I'm not to keen on shooting 7.62 in CQB at our ammo prices but I might be willing to do some SA mid range marksmanship stuff if they make it in 26" like the 5.56. :)
I'd like a longer-barreled version, too. Maybe 21" or 22".

All of this talk of a $5k price tag is all just smoke...as is the discussion of how good it is. Who here has shot one?....<insert crickets chirping here>....
5 pages of (mostly) flapping gums....:rolleyes::kickInTheNuts:

Easy there, it's not like it has devolved into a bear defense thread. Speaking of which, which would you prefer, a 12 gauge or an SAPR when that rabid grizzly slashes through the side of your RV?

Back sort of on topic. I'd pay 6k (4990 CHF price in Switzerland * 1.03 dollars per franc * 15% upcharge for Canada) for the SAPR if it is non-restricted. Obviously my assumption is that it will be reliable and accurate. This would be a versatile gun. Service rifle, tac rifle, hunting from coyote to moose, bear defence ( sorry couldn't help it :) ).

The fact that the PE 90s are here and non-restricted bodes well for a non-restricted SAPR, but the 550 variant angle points toward prohibited status. We'll see eventually (?2012?).

The SIG 540 7.62x51 is made in Chile. Their State Arsenal bought the rights to manufacture the 540 series in 5.56 and 7.62x51. The French used to manufacture SIG 540's also in 7.62x51.

Back
Top Bottom