SHOT SHOW 2011 - New Firearms Optics (Trijicon, Insight, Eotech)

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
MRDS - Insight's answer to Doc Optic and Trijiicon RMR. The intensity adjustable button is on the back. It is too small and too hard to get to IMHO
5373978914_28a666e24b_b.jpg

5373379019_2bfe6e6e15_b.jpg

EOTech

Rimfire sight -Eotech attempt for a lower priced version for .22 rimfire
5373379059_13467be164_b.jpg

Viewer for looking around the corners -essentially a cube with mirrors
5373978990_908893c18f_b.jpg

Trijicon

Big-dot pistol sights. Fibre Optics s powered donut with traditional tritium inserts
5373379169_d805d9ca79_b.jpg

Battery powered RMR - new intensity adjustable button on the side
5373979058_7d538a3147_b.jpg

5373979090_8c51a0e1c0_b.jpg

Leupold

1-8x24 CQBSS - nice thin donut recticle with the Horus Recticle
5373979024_72dee10e47_b.jpg

Eotech might run into some PR issues with the lower cost .22 unit. I predict the penny pinchers mounting it on larger caliber rifles and shotguns. Then the message boards will be flooded with complaints from mouth breathers about how their optic failed.

I had no Idea that there were 1-8X scopes in the $4000 US range.....That is why I love this site...I am always learning. I am pretty sure that I do not own a gun that is worth even $ 2000 US...so it is safe to say that I will never own one of those scopes.

I had the chance to play with the 1-8x S&B, which has a 2600 USD price tag; To be honest I don't see how the Leupy is 1400 USD better. But I am no door kicker, so there might be something else that I don't know about the Leupy.

Eotech might run into some PR issues with the lower cost .22 unit. I predict the penny pinchers mounting it on larger caliber rifles and shotguns. Then the message boards will be flooded with complaints from mouth breathers about how their optic failed.

Users are currently #####ing about reliability and battery life with the full price Milspec models. Who wants to go to war with an optic that turns itself off for a number of reasons including being left on, shock from recoil or getting hot in the sun. The battery life also sucks. Who cares about hours when there are optics on the market with battery life measured in years.

I am not a fan.

Users are currently #####ing about reliability and battery life with the full price Milspec models. Who wants to go to war with an optic that turns itself off for a number of reasons including being left on, shock from recoil or getting hot in the sun. The battery life also sucks. Who cares about hours when there are optics on the market with battery life measured in years.

I am not a fan.

Everyone that I know who has used them have NO complaints. Any yes, a large sample of those 'went to war' with them. And they weren't people who hid inside FOB's, OP's, and the like - with nothing better to do than ##### about their optics.

They were people who spent more time dismounted bashing their weapons and optics around as they went cross country. There were a LOT of EoTechs. No problems, including a personally owned 552 purchased in 2004 with multiple tours behind it.

Ever grab your rifle out of a vehicle rack to find the Eotech had turned itself off? or killed the battery?

Ever use an Aimpoint?

Not a bash, just an observation. Unless this is super common, which from the people I've talked to it is not, It would not concern my purchase. I have not used either, but I will be going for the eotech simply for the 1 moa dot vs 2 moa as I plan on eventually having a flip away magnifier with it too.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you meant you'd rather see increased battery life vs eotech making a .22 model.. I totally agree with you on that.. but I just dont see the battery life thing being a real-life concern.

Ever grab your rifle out of a vehicle rack to find the Eotech had turned itself off? or killed the battery?

No. I used my rifle. I left the Eotech on for hours, and hours. Also: If you use your rifle outdoors, you press the button to adjust intensity long before 8 hour auto-shutoff kicks in.

Ever use an Aimpoint?

Yep. The Eotech works far better for me, and I haven't had a problem with any of the four models I've owned personally. No one that I know, who put their optics through the hell of seven months of dismounted operations had any of these phantom functionality problems that apparently 'plague' EoTech.

Back
Top Bottom