Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Mare's leg rifles by Puma

Here is the Rossi FRT information:

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISB...IdSelection.do

Make: JB Custom Notes Serial Numbering: Numbered Notes
    Model: 92 Mares Leg Notes Country: BRAZIL
    Manufacturer: Rossi Notes Glossary Level: Manufacturer Specifications and Commercial Customization
    Type: Rifle Legal Classification: Non-Restricted

1 357 MAG Keywords 6 305 Manufacturer Specifications and Commercial Customization Non-Restricted CC 2 "firearm" Glossary
    3 44 MAG Keywords 6 305 Manufacturer Specifications and Commercial Customization Non-Restricted CC 2 "firearm" Glossary
    2 44-40 WIN Keywords 6 305 Manufacturer Specifications and Commercial Customization Non-Restricted CC 2 "firearm" Glossary
    4 45 COLT Keywords 6 305 Manufacturer Specifications and Commercial Customization Non-Restricted CC 2 "firearm" Glossary
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    thanks for the input Harrier!
    Hopefully the fine people at the CFC will find something better to do with all their "free" time and not waste energy and resources trying to re-think the existing law.

hope this is legit !
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7
    It's a DUTY pistol, not a Faberge egg.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    Doesn't any manufacturer make one that could actually be afforded by a regular joe?
    I consider the "ceiling" on this type of firearm in the 6-700 dollar range. Does anyone make one in .30-30? I know it would probably be 2+1 capacity, but just wondering.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt.rock View Post
    Doesn't any manufacturer make one that could actually be afforded by a regular joe?
    I consider the "ceiling" on this type of firearm in the 6-700 dollar range. Does anyone make one in .30-30? I know it would probably be 2+1 capacity, but just wondering.
    Rossi Ranch Hand.

I'd rather Glock's or Ruger's and and blot action rifles are fun too

I am probably doing Epps a BIG favour... but i have been looking at three Mare's Legs on their web site under new lever rifles for several days now in .45 Colt for under a grand. And I have been wondering why they haven't all been sold yet. Probably will be now.

CGN Regular
    I bought one a while ago for the 1500.00 and i must say i wouldnt pay more than 500 for it now. such a huge disapointment definatly not worth 1000.00 for it. Right out of the box ive had problems with mine. The ejector does not eject the cases out properly. After about 100rounds of 300gr 44mag the wood has actually started to crack. its definatly a fun gun but no where near the quality for the price being asked. Just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    That lever is ridiculously large!
    All Legacy and Rossi needs to do is ship mare's legs with full stocks to Canada and let us trim them ourselves..... and put a better lever on there!
    This the exact finger lever I want to put on my Rossi Ranch Hand. I believe the Winchester part will fit, and any Rossi 92 will fit.
    Anyone know where I can find that lever?

BANNED
    I agree with the idea of the short barrel/mag tube and a full stock. A rifle chopped down like this can't be fired accurately IMO. The chopped stock doesn't do anything for me.