Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Mare's leg rifles by Puma

Quote Originally Posted by greyman441 View Post
    That is a very cool looking gun but I am not a fan of the stock. I would like to get on a put a Winchester 94 full stock on it and see what it looks like. I am a fan of the shorties.
    X2. Short barrels are nice but that chopped stock is completely dumbass.

But one, put on a full stock and you'd have something worthwhile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    or at the very least restricted?
    If it's non-res, and you're adding length to it, I can't really see why... there would be no shortening of the gun to add a chunk of wood with butt plate. Someone with a different interpretation of how the law works might be able to provide some perspective.

BANNED
    Well I guess what I meant to say is that if you could take the stock off and the gun still functioned would it make it a prohibited device? But now that I think about it I don't think so.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Well I guess what I meant to say is that if you could take the stock off and the gun still functioned would it make it a prohibited device? But now that I think about it I don't think so.
    Well, the original stock would be left on, so don't think it would make a difference. Making a butt stock extension is the same as putting a big butt pad on.

BANNED
    Oh sorry Wally I must have misread your post before. Yea a buttstock extension would be handy for sure! It would be nice to be able to shoulder the rifle but make it short again for carry and some fun plinking.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Or what about adding a metal side-folding stock? Like the kind you can get with a CZ 858.

That would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Or what about adding a metal side-folding stock? Like the kind you can get with a CZ 858.

That would be cool too.
    and a bunch of rails for lasers!
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

LOL @ndb86, what about an underslung grenade launcher?

But seriously if you want a full stock lever gun buy any old 16" barrel lever gun. This gun is meant for a very specific market, which wants the versetility of the stock and barrel(and the ability to holster it). That being said maybe if there is enough of a market for a 12" barrel full stock lever gun one will be made.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC

I would be in for a short barrelled full stocked rifle.......

where would i find 16" bbl'd leverguns? i would love a 16" in a takedown featured rifle.

Rossi makes a version of their model 92 lever gun with a 16" bbl and I believe a few othe companies do as well. I dont know who in Canada sells them but some one must. In fact if Wanstalls is gonna have the Rossi mare's leg they might have 16" 92's.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC