Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Mare's leg rifles by Puma

CGN Regular
    Beside, even with a mare's leg you have to carry your registration. A quick check and you should be able to go on with your business!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Just imagine if Buddy Tavares would have had one of these Mare's Leg rifles, or a Dominion Arms Outlaw.

Do you really think any of those cops would have waited for him to explain that his very short looking rifle is actually non-restricted?

The land of totem poles and unemployment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    " I can tell you that if someone was caught walking around the woods in Ontario with even a registered Non-Restricted Mare's Leg chances are they would have some 'splainin to do... probably at the local police station after the gun was confiscated. Sad, but true. "

Not to mention the violent beating that might occur during the "High Risk Takedown" of such an offender.
    That's appropriate, Steve McQueen got beat up and his mare's laig taken almost every episode.
    When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by orbit123 View Post
    What are the laws regarding modifying antiques? I was under the impression that since they require no registration they could be chopped, stocked, or otherwise customized to your hearts content. Or is there a rule that restricts heavy modification from original design?

Been looking at picking up an older antique lever rifle and having something like this done, that way don't have to deal with any paperwork.

Check out the antique status determination flow chart here.

Center fire rifles can't have any form of magazine and be given antique status. So unless your looking at modifying a rimfire lever action, it's still going to have to be registered, and all laws under registration and modifcation will still have to be followed.

In a nutshell no antique mares legs in center fire unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by s3xspert11 View Post
    The ejector does not eject the cases out properly. After about 100rounds of 300gr 44mag the wood has actually started to crack.
    I wonder if the ranch hand would have such problems? I guess as they're still new we're awaiting reviews.

Mare's Leg M92's are neat lookin' guns but their ergonomics make them suitable for
    only shooting from the hip. Besides in Canuckistan they're restricted.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_81 View Post

I wonder if the ranch hand would have such problems? I guess as they're still new we're awaiting reviews.
    the ranch hand is based on the rossi lever action that comes in 454 casull .......

i don't think anyone has any problems what so ever with this rifle in 454 ( myself included ) .
    i would be pretty confidant in buying a ranch hand that is chambered in a much lighter round .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELL SHUCKER View Post
    Mare's Leg M92's are neat lookin' guns but their ergonomics make them suitable for
    only shooting from the hip. Besides in Canuckistan they're restricted.
    restricted ????

based on what ? seriously have you heard something about these ?

last i heard they where nonrestricted , even with the slightly too short oal .

BANNED
    how in hell are they non-res, they are way below 18.5 inch barrels and below the 26 OAL! I doubt it man, but dream away. if they were non-res I would buy one for bear defense in two seconds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " how in hell are they non-res, they are way below 18.5 inch barrels and below the 26 OAL! "

The 18.5 barrel length only applies to semi-autos.

You are correct about the 26 inch overall length requirement. But there are rumors that the RCMP are going to let this one slide. If they don't let it slide, the manufacturer is saying they will make some 26 inch ones just for Canada, with a few more inches added to the stock.

BANNED
    yea i looked into it elwood epps has some of a different brand already in stock but they are like a grand so I am getting one of the rossi ones. I physically cannot pass this gun up.... IT MUST BE MINE!