Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Reproduction Gatling gun

SHOT SHOW 2011 - Reproduction Gatling gun

Navy Arms had an absolutely beautiful reproduction Gatling gun on display.
    Gatling made numerous different models, in various calibres.
    This one is a fairly compact one called the Bulldog model.
    It is in 45-70 Government chambering.

They also had a repro Gardner gun as well.

Both the Gatling and Gardner designs are hand cranked (as opposed to modern true full auto that harnesses the energy of the fired round to cycle the action), but they are completely different designs. The Gatling barrels rotate in unison, while the Gardner barrels are stationary, with the bolt mechanism moving back and forth to load and extract.

In the US, these guns are NOT considered full auto, as they do not cycle on their own. Not sure about Canadian law, but at ~$35,000 for the Gatling (I didnt get a price on the Gardner), I wont be getting one whatever the case!

wow, 45-70 in a so compact gatling...quite a punch!
    CSSA member, NFA member, CPC member, CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    I think I'd be a little nervous just standing in front of one of those. Very pretty things, works of art really.

Thanks for posting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Sadly, the Gatling is prohibited in Canada. In the absence of a seperate trigger, the RCMP view the operating handle as the trigger. One continuous application of pressure on the trigger produces more than one discharge of the firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Sadly, the Gatling is prohibited in Canada. In the absence of a seperate trigger, the RCMP view the operating handle as the trigger. One continuous application of pressure on the trigger produces more than one discharge of the firearm.
    You know things have gone overboard when 150 year old technology is prohibited...
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    In the US, these guns are NOT considered full auto, as they do not cycle on their own. Not sure about Canadian law, but at ~$35,000 for the Gatling (I didnt get a price on the Gardner), I wont be getting one whatever the case!
    Like any other cool piece of gear, prohib

only in Canada will you see an 1800's design classified as prohib... as far as I'm concerned the things are antiques for crying out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Does CanadaAmmo still have those $99 handguns for sale?
    I have $35K just burning a hole in my pocket, and now you tell me I cant have a big, heavy, unconcealable, tripod mounted gun.
    I guess I'll just have to buy 350 Norinco handguns. It's a safety thing, you know.

I hope someone saves these pics and posts them in the next bear defense thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Ar180shooter View Post
    You know things have gone overboard when 150 year old technology is prohibited...
    Could be worse -- in Britain they've outlawed those cheap Chinese replica swords you can buy anywhere here. 4000 year old technology!

Of course it is also illegal to carry a small flashlight over there. Might be used as a weapon.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    Could be worse -- in Britain they've outlawed those cheap Chinese replica swords you can buy anywhere here. 4000 year old technology!

Of course it is also illegal to carry a small flashlight over there. Might be used as a weapon.
    ya...and it could be a lot better! don't be thankful for what you have left, be mad about what they took from you! anyways, definite 2nd on that "you know you're in trouble when they prohibit 150 yr. old technology. Whats next, outlawing the steam engine and cotton gin?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast