Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Old western guns, Shiloh Sharps, Dixie, Taylor's,

OK, OK, I hear ya!
    I set up a second Photobucket account.

This is a HUGE handcannon that fires the .45-70 Government.
    It is the Bison Bull. I seem to have lost my notes, but IIRC, this one is aboout $4000, due to all the extra engraving and gold plating.
    The standard model is slightly under $1000. Not bad for such a big cannon.

Bump. Photos back up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    The Shiloh Sharps booth was fairly small, but they had nice stuff!

I could easily like to have the 5th from the left (second full one from the right, the shortest in octagonal barrel) in the 45-100 calibre.

I wonder if the 45-100 could be loaded like a .410 bore shotgun for plink'n a bit of slow skeet?

:D *** gotta drool over those fine Sharps *** :D
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I like the MVA scoped model. Wonder what the nurled ring is for in the middle of the scope tube?

CGN Regular Short Knife Johnson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I could easily like to have the 5th from the left (second full one from the right, the shortest in octagonal barrel) in the 45-100 calibre.

I wonder if the 45-100 could be loaded like a .410 bore shotgun for plink'n a bit of slow skeet?

:D *** gotta drool over those fine Sharps *** :D
    That would most likely be a #1 Sporter (can't tell if it has a cheekpiece or not) and a 26" heavy barrel. Base price, $1902 + ebony forearm tip $220 + checkering $299 + what I'm guessing is semi-fancy wood $276 (extra fancy is $402). I don't think the .45-100 would be a lot of fun to shoot in that gun unless you get into the bull barrels (another $1000 and even longer wait). Guessing the weight at 9 1/2 lbs. Total cost - $2697 for semi fancy wood, $2820 for extra fancy wood. Then if you want the traditional steel buttplate, tack another $96 on top of that. Plus shipping and import fees and the 2 year wait.

Furthermore, I would not recommend thinking about shooting .410's out of them. I'd be willing to bet I'd know what Kirk would have to say.

^^ so have you ordered yours yet

CGN Regular Short Knife Johnson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    ^^ so have you ordered yours yet
    My Hartford model was shipped from Big Timber the day before I put that post up. :D It is now in hand and being thouroughly enjoyed. Besides, my #1 Sporter in .45-2.4" needed company.

The one I just got is the one next to it, 4th from the left in 45-70 aka 45 2.10". 30" heavy half octagon barrel, semi fancy walnut, pack hardened finish, polished black screws and I had them add the Lyman 5A combo front site and the MVA #130 sporting tang site.
    Got 20 rounds of 535 grain paper patch amoo RTG and hope to hit the range this weekend.
    Cheers,
    Ricky
    "So there I was, on the upper regions of the Lower Mozambique, fightin' off the Mao Mao's with my wally wally nuts"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    I like the MVA scoped model. Wonder what the nurled ring is for in the middle of the scope tube?
    Seriously. Very classy.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12