K-31 Suomi Carbine

^I think the original concept of the Suomi was along the lines of the TSMG, sort of a cross between SMG and a short range light machine gun. The Beretta 38 SMG's were along these lines too, and allegedly, were highly sought after by German troops in WWII; you can take that for what' it's worth. The Suomi served the Finns well, if you read up on Simo Hayha's (spelling) account of using them in battle. :D

Edit: according to Gunwriters on the Web, the Suomi was used to provide covering fire in some battles, you see it had a quick change barrel feature along the lines of an MG-42. Incredible foresight on Mr. Lahti's part.

Last edited:
CADGO;
Yes they are restricted due to barrel length....

You can change the barrel and file an amendment if you wish

John

#1BC SHOOTER;
"Well if they are classified restricted why stick with the ridiculously long barrel ? "

in an effort to keep costs down we are going with the standard US Model barrel....
Exportig it with a shorter barrel would require a completely different ruling by State.
John

Neat! I'm not familiar with the design, but might be fun to have one for a "####ing around in the bush with a rediculously long non-res barrel gun"

Will it be similar to the American price of $650? Also this may seem like a stupid question (and it probably is) but could an original barrel from a parts kit be fitted?

Thanks

These look great! I thought this thread was about the Swiss milsurp K-31 but now I'm intrigued with this little number! I like the longish barrel.

Back
Top Bottom