SHOT SHOW 2011 - Yamaha ATV's

John Y Cannuck

RichPoorMan<br>Super Moderator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yamaha was the only ATV I saw in my tour of SHOT, though I was trying to cover just the Sporting arms section.

New this year is the 450 Grizzly with electric power steering.
Perfect for the ladies, or those of us who see no need for more power than this machine will deliver.

Yamaha_450_ATV_electric_power_steering.JPG

I also included their ATV trailer, a thing of beauty to any moose hunter.
Yamaha_ATV_trailer.JPG

They also have a new line of small ultra quiet generators. These units have the ability to hook together. So if two guys brought their generators to camp, you can now hook them together for greater capacity.

They're nice units but the price discrepancy between the US and Canada is significant.

I'm a fan of the 450. An old hunting buddy bought one a number of years back. More than enough machine - IMO.

X2, you don't need to travel at Mach 2 on an ATV.

Get the 450 stuck, you might have some hope for getting it out..
I like their older Timberwolf myself..

Its really nice having a friend and hunting buddy that is a Yamaha Dealer:D

Getting to demo the 700 with power steering when it first came out at moose camp, same with the rhinos.

Most of us run Yamaha except one older (99) Honda 450ES Foreman (ME...lol) I bought it new prior (1 year) to my buddy opening his shop.

Either a new 550-700 Grizzly or 700 Rhino for me. Only thing is we have 4 rhinos in camp its nice to have at least 1 quad.

They're nice units but the price discrepancy between the US and Canada is significant.

I'm a fan of the 450. An old hunting buddy bought one a number of years back. More than enough machine - IMO.

agreed on both points. prices here suck. 40% more than the US, on the model i was looking at.

I had a "BIG BEAR" and was a true workhorse both on the farm and hunting...ah I miss the old girl.. Jim

Me too:D. Still have mine. :redface:And it hasn't been used as much as it should have been. It's a '95 and checked the odometer, 245km:redface:. When the 'white stuff' falls, put on the blade, angle it and do my good deed I call ;)'community service' and clear sidewalks and driveways around the block. I've taken it up on a couple of Moose trips to the B.C. interior. Hauled one Moose in quarters and towed a young bull out on an old skid road with a rope around it's neck, a half hitch around it's nose and a short hook-up to the trailer hitch. Worked well. I've picked up a small John Deere trailer, with all the markings, and have a landscaping trailer to haul these and other hunting goodies. Just put a fitted container on the back. I will have to get out and use it more.

If you wanna haul big game I would suggest a 700 Rhino! There very stable and easy for everyone to drive! Two seats so it's not uncomfortable for the passenger. And if you want power go with an Arctic Cat Prowler 1000!

Me too:D. Still have mine. :redface:And it hasn't been used as much as it should have been. It's a '95 and checked the odometer, 245km:redface:. When the 'white stuff' falls, put on the blade, angle it and do my good deed I call ;)'community service' and clear sidewalks and driveways around the block. I've taken it up on a couple of Moose trips to the B.C. interior. Hauled one Moose in quarters and towed a young bull out on an old skid road with a rope around it's neck, a half hitch around it's nose and a short hook-up to the trailer hitch. Worked well. I've picked up a small John Deere trailer, with all the markings, and have a landscaping trailer to haul these and other hunting goodies. Just put a fitted container on the back. I will have to get out and use it more.

I've hauled moose with my 350 Big Bear as well, Tons of power for the job, Only issue is steep grades, and two machines are always at hand for trouble spots.

Back
Top Bottom