Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Yamaha ATV's

CGN Regular
    Any idea if they make the trailer in 4 wheel with walking axle? Single axle bounces too much.

I have a Kodiak 400 and a Grizzly 660

the 400 is enough to do any hunting job...but the 660 does just so much better LOL

I also would like more info on that trailer!

CGN frequent flyer Mighty Peace's Avatar
    Its really nice having a friend and hunting buddy that is a Yamaha Dealer:D

Getting to demo the 700 with power steering when it first came out at moose camp, same with the rhinos.

Most of us run Yamaha except one older (99) Honda 450ES Foreman (ME...lol) I bought it new prior (1 year) to my buddy opening his shop.

Either a new 550-700 Grizzly or 700 Rhino for me. Only thing is we have 4 rhinos in camp its nice to have at least 1 quad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall Guy View Post
    They're nice units but the price discrepancy between the US and Canada is significant.

I'm a fan of the 450. An old hunting buddy bought one a number of years back. More than enough machine - IMO.
    agreed on both points. prices here suck. 40% more than the US, on the model i was looking at.
    -- Liberals are always talking about other points of view but are always astonished to find that there are other points of view. (Bill Buckley)

Member of Wexit.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by macadoodle View Post
    agreed on both points. prices here suck. 40% more than the US, on the model i was looking at.
    Almost worth it to drive down and trailer it back?

CGN frequent flyer jiminthecorner's Avatar
    I had a "BIG BEAR" and was a true workhorse both on the farm and hunting...ah I miss the old girl.. Jim
    I DIDN'T "CHILD PROOF" MY GUNS.....I "GUNPROOFED "MY CHILREN

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
    Any idea if they make the trailer in 4 wheel with walking axle? Single axle bounces too much.
    Many of the guys in our moose camp have converted their trailers to walking beam designs. The single axles can bounce high enough to maybe roll over.
    And the trail into our camp is a 10mph trail.
    Bush hunter!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnn Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminthecorner View Post
    I had a "BIG BEAR" and was a true workhorse both on the farm and hunting...ah I miss the old girl.. Jim
    Me too:D. Still have mine. And it hasn't been used as much as it should have been. It's a '95 and checked the odometer, 245km. When the 'white stuff' falls, put on the blade, angle it and do my good deed I call 'community service' and clear sidewalks and driveways around the block. I've taken it up on a couple of Moose trips to the B.C. interior. Hauled one Moose in quarters and towed a young bull out on an old skid road with a rope around it's neck, a half hitch around it's nose and a short hook-up to the trailer hitch. Worked well. I've picked up a small John Deere trailer, with all the markings, and have a landscaping trailer to haul these and other hunting goodies. Just put a fitted container on the back. I will have to get out and use it more.
    "Make my day"
    "do you feel lucky punk"
    "A man's got to know his limitations"
    "Get off my lawn"

If you wanna haul big game I would suggest a 700 Rhino! There very stable and easy for everyone to drive! Two seats so it's not uncomfortable for the passenger. And if you want power go with an Arctic Cat Prowler 1000!

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnn Peterson View Post
    Me too:D. Still have mine. And it hasn't been used as much as it should have been. It's a '95 and checked the odometer, 245km. When the 'white stuff' falls, put on the blade, angle it and do my good deed I call 'community service' and clear sidewalks and driveways around the block. I've taken it up on a couple of Moose trips to the B.C. interior. Hauled one Moose in quarters and towed a young bull out on an old skid road with a rope around it's neck, a half hitch around it's nose and a short hook-up to the trailer hitch. Worked well. I've picked up a small John Deere trailer, with all the markings, and have a landscaping trailer to haul these and other hunting goodies. Just put a fitted container on the back. I will have to get out and use it more.
    I've hauled moose with my 350 Big Bear as well, Tons of power for the job, Only issue is steep grades, and two machines are always at hand for trouble spots.
    Bush hunter!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast