SHOT SHOW 2011 - Bushy ACR. Nobody cares anymore?

It's not a complicated design. Pretty much a SVT-38/40 or Fn FAL modernized. They took their time getting this to market. The internals are actually fairly simple. For a "new" rifle this one is a decent bet. Could they have quality control issues? Yup. Would I bet on any major issues. Nope. Providing those dual extractors are tough enough there's nothing else In the design that isn't tried and true.

This wasn't intended as criticism. I was just trying point out that in the absence of an FRT, it won't be going anywhere. And right now it's under review; the SCAR has been in the same situation since last Summer.

Ok thanks:redface: This is what I have been told and I am hopeful. Considering ETA`s for firearms I would think they would be sure before releasing such news:confused: I guess we will see.

Ok thanks:redface: This is what I have been told and I am hopeful. Considering ETA`s for firearms I would think they would be sure before releasing such news:confused: I guess we will see.

I wish I had a crystal ball. There are several ACR's in private hands, and these were all imported when there was an active FRT (I think it was pulled sometime last Fall). So what kind did you import: Folding or fixed stock? Polymer or aluminium hand guard?

I wish I had a crystal ball. There are several ACR's in private hands, and these were all imported when there was an active FRT (I think it was pulled sometime last Fall). So what kind did you import: Folding or fixed stock? Polymer or aluminium hand guard?

Fixed stock, aluminum handguard, and BUIS. Distributor said RCMP has had it for one week and said they need two weeks.

ACR, XCR, Masada HK416, everyone's tring to reinvent the wheel but I am still willing to bet my 1600 dollar AR is still just as good. I just don't see enough of an advantage to be worth double the price for most of these guns. They've been trying to replace the AR for years but there's a reason it's still around.

ACR, XCR, Masada HK416, everyone's tring to reinvent the wheel but I am still willing to bet my 1600 dollar AR is still just as good. I just don't see enough of an advantage to be worth double the price for most of these guns. They've been trying to replace the AR for years but there's a reason it's still around.

Don't see any advantage at all in the USA unless you want to spend lots of money for some kind of oneupmanship thing... Up here maybe the XCR has the advantage of not being restricted. But for practical purposes and for the money, in .223 the AR rules.

But hey! Lets be thankful for Bushmaster! Without them we'd never have the Hitler parody. Bushmaster has now earned their place in black rifle in lore. :redface:

I'm sure they're not laughing though.:HR:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BB0Pu-rvFjs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BB0Pu-rvFjs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom