Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Ultimate bear defense gun and ammo

SHOT SHOW 2011 - Ultimate bear defense gun and ammo

Not found in the Hunting section, oddly enough, but in the Military and Law Enforcement area.

A selection of 37mm and 40mm ammo, and launchers,
    Notice that there are three different styles of rims. A thin rim with a definite undercut, a thicker rim with no undercut, and a rebated rim.
    It was explained to me which was which, but I did not write it down. And since forgotten...
    I think the rebated one is 37mm.

BANNED
    [QUOTE=tootall;5339881]Not found in the Hunting section, oddly enough, but in the Military and Law Enforcement area.

what on earth would you hunt with this stuff? only thing im thinking is zombies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar

Cool

[QUOTE=andrew870;5340734]
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Not found in the Hunting section, oddly enough, but in the Military and Law Enforcement area.

I believe that these tools and their ammunition are all "non-leathal" crowd and animal control products designed to launch bean bag, rubber, plastic, gas and self-contained Taser type stuff. If you could carry one of these in bear country I doubt if a bear would like getting hit with 5 or 6 ounces of rubber pellets and/or a 150 decible flash bang in the face...

I like the clip fed tool on the bottom. I would rather see LEOs have one of those and a side arm while they put the mace and Taser in the trash. That particular unit could be loaded with more effective deterants (in my not-so-humble opinionated opinion ) and be more of a deterant by showing it than mace or a Taser ever would. It could also shut up all the people against Tasers due to a few unfortunate deaths. I have seen a video of a 40mm bean bag launcher being used on a meth head with a sword: 3 shots dropped him like a sack of hammers... and all he ended up with was three bruises about 5 inches (12 cm) round on the chest.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

[QUOTE=andrew870;5340734]
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post

It was an attempt at humour

I'm thinking most of us are generally looking for 'more leathal' when it comes to bears - they do make 12 gauge beanbags and rubber bullets if one is in a more charitable mood.....
    Avatar by Pottsy. Attitude by birth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " It could also shut up all the people against Tasers due to a few unfortunate deaths. "

There have been many deaths from Tasers.

Also; The reason so many people are pissed off about tasers is that they are routinely used on people who pose zero threat to anybody.

Cops use them on people who are merely arguing with a speeding ticket, causing a disturbance, or yelling. They were only supposed to be used to stop violent attackers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Wow, I suck, lol. Accidentally posted a reply before finishing it, lol. (And we can't edit our posts in this forum for some reason )

Anyways, I was wondering how the O/U there would work for trap and skeet.
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

BANNED
    I want 5 of those. haha

I need that!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast