Page 11 of 346 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

BANNED
    pfft of course that is a must have lol

Quote Originally Posted by CDNJackpot View Post
    Guys.... I just completed my Ranch Hand! Now it's the ultimate.

Just busy fashioning a drum mag, to be pinned of course.

Unfortunately I could not find a suitable light/laser combo.

Oh, you laugh... but thats exactly the adjustable stock solution I would like to get working. Can't figure out how to do it, however.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I was thinking about this all day today.

I drew a little sketch and it looks like this holster definately wont work for me.

To get the muzzle to clear the top of the holster I would somehow have to get my elbow above my shoulder. Is there something I am missing? Or do we need to find a way to get the holster lower off the belt?

Funny... I was thinking the same thing but decided I'd draw it from the opposite side like a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I was thinking about this all day today.

I drew a little sketch and it looks like this holster definately wont work for me.

To get the muzzle to clear the top of the holster I would somehow have to get my elbow above my shoulder. Is there something I am missing? Or do we need to find a way to get the holster lower off the belt?

BabySeal,
    What I'm thinkin is that, the reason the top/front of the scabbard is cut so low is not only for the rear sights but so that the rifle will clear the scabbard sooner upon drawing it. I would imagine that drawing upwards then slightly forwards would be the way to go. In my mind its not so different than drawing from a hi-ride pistol holster; however, not having toyed with a mares-leg, I could very well be off base
    As for getting it lower off the belt, I think the only practical set-up is with a drop-leg. At least with a drop-leg set-up the butt wouldn't be way up around your mid torso.
    Cheers!
    If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth-Spock

Well remember the holster is cut away about 10 inches above the bottom on the front. The holster is supposed to sit low - a gun belt always sits low. So really - You just pull it up enough to come thru that front slit and you don't have to move your elbow very far at all.
    Avatar by Pottsy. Attitude by birth.

Whoops - speaking of quick draws - spacesaver beat me to it
    Avatar by Pottsy. Attitude by birth.

Hmm... Its hard to say. I dont like the idea of a saggy belt though.

It might work for me. I think I need a leg drop holster though.

BANNED
    the way the belts for these holsters are designed is that they go over your normal belt. (in case you didnt know)...

I know. But I am far from Steve McQueen. Havent we evolved a more practical way of doing this? Or is this one of those situations wher ethe good old way is the only good way?