Page 317 of 346 FirstFirst ... 297307309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325327337 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3451

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

Thanks Can-Down. I did my own smithing on this one.(As I do on all my guns)
    My .45 Colt RH needed the Marble's .531" front to get the right POI due to the thicker barrel.
    These little buggers are sure fun to tinker on & a gas to hunt & plink with.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Did you drill and tap by hand?

I've got a drill press but I'd need to figure out a holding jig..... I've also got pretty good hands and a good eye for keeping things straight so it's tempting to just drill it out freestyle

I cheated and used my buddy's milling machine. With its' fully adjustable bed, and the rifle clamped in the tools' vise (Padded with hardwood blocks), it was easy to drill the holes in the spots I marked. One must be careful to not drill any deeper than about 3/16" or risk drilling into the guide flange on the bolt.

For guys unsure of their skills, they'd best remove the bolt before drilling. I used a hand tap to thread the holes.
    It's an easy job for a shop rat like myself or an accomplished smith.
    Last edited by SHELL SHUCKER; 06-12-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Did you drill and tap by hand?

I've got a drill press but I'd need to figure out a holding jig..... I've also got pretty good hands and a good eye for keeping things straight so it's tempting to just drill it out freestyle
    Please don't, it only take one slip, one bad angle and you'll have do e irreparable damage.

The bolt's coming out for sure! So you drilled and tapped a blind hole....I was thinking of going right through. I've never tapped a blind hole.

CGN Regular
    Anyone know how much of a hassle it would be to properly index a barrel on one of these? Mine is off enough that a taller front sight won't work, so I might try and fix it myself, if it isn't too much trouble.
    And before anybody says to send it back, both the sponsor I bought it from and the company have completely blown me off, so I'm on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Please don't, it only take one slip, one bad angle and you'll have do e irreparable damage.

I know that's why I'm leaning to jigging it up under the drill press.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman1275 View Post
    Anyone know how much of a hassle it would be to properly index a barrel on one of these? Mine is off enough that a taller front sight won't work, so I might try and fix it myself, if it isn't too much trouble.
    And before anybody says to send it back, both the sponsor I bought it from and the company have completely blown me off, so I'm on my own.
    Rossi support is brutal. Hopefully it gets better.
    I bought a gun from Wanstalls that had a broken barrel band screw that i noticed in the shop when I bought it. I figred how hard could it be to get a screw! Warranty for sure as I hadn't even paid for it.
    No luck so far. Snap shot was their warranty guys at the time and they were brutal to deal with.

Which way is your sight leaning?

Barrel index is one thing I always look for with the Rossi's. You'd think they would check before shipping up to the north where there is no support what so ever!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I know that's why I'm leaning to jigging it up under the drill press.
    Yes and be shure to center punch it to make shure the drill bit don't walk ( bend)

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Yes and be shure to center punch it to make shure the drill bit don't walk ( bend)
    I may even do a small pilot hole....