Page 5 of 346 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Rossi Ranch Hand Mares Leg

Expried Business Member
    I see there is going to be some call for accessories for this gun and I think real leather leg holster is a must. So in the spirit of consolidation and getting a better price, I'll call around to a few suppliers a see if I can get some volume pricing on such things as holsters, full length stocks, small levers etc...

Let me know what your interested in based on the fact that the pricing will be reasonable...and I'll bring them in. Maybe do a poll or something...

I know there are a few different options out there when it comes to holsters so if I have an idea of quantities of each, I can hopefully get some decent pricing.

Post some links and pics so we all can see whats out there...

Cheers,

Gary

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Gary, will the Ranch Hands have the silly safety on the bolt?
    Yes I believe they will...but you can get a peep sight to slide in its place as mentioned before...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    I don't actually mind the safety. Besides, it can be removed and blocked so it's kindof a moot point.

As a side note- theoretically one could run 44 russian and 44 spl in the 44 magnum guns.... so that gives you the option of three cartridges in one depending on just how cheap you are and how much of any kind of ammo you have on hand. You would have a little bit of a jump over the freebore until you hit rifling, but it's a 12 inch barrel carbine, so how much accuracy do you want?!?!

Once they become available and if the price is right, count me in on one in 45colt!

+1 for a leather leg holster

I'm waiting to see final price etc before committing, like I'm sure some others are.

I never saw the explanation though, how is this gun not restricted if the overall length is less than 26"?

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simko View Post
    I'm waiting to see final price etc before committing, like I'm sure some others are.

I never saw the explanation though, how is this gun not restricted if the overall length is less than 26"?
    Should have final price by end of the week. As far as restricted v.s. Non restricted goes, it is basically three reasons; precedent set with other cut down lever action carbines, the fact that it cant be fired with one hand and its a rifle action not a pistol action...keep moving....

Interesting! Looking forward to hearing the details!

CGN Regular
    I'm in for a 357 with the additional long stock, peep sight and holster options. See if they can do a run in stainless!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    I seem to have missed it somewhere - is there a rough timeframe for arrival? Just asking so I can give my bank account fair warning