Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Norinco JW25a

I want to mount my scope but the rear sights are to high. Do you know a way to remove rear sights base or elevator bar?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    yea, you flip it right up, then press firmly downward on it to compress the spring and slide it back.

now that said, mine had such a large amout of slag or poor metal work on the receiver below the sight that it was really hard to get it out. Like REALLY hard. Once it was out, I was able to clean it up with a dremel and then it was as normal.

I replaced my rear sight with one from a real mauser. My scope mount had no problem with the rear sight.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

I bought one of these recently and I gotta say I'm impressed. I own many other Norinco firearms and this is probably the best quality one I own. The stock came pristine, if not a bit goopy, and everything was smooth with very few visible machining marks. It shoots great, and even came sighted in proper. The only beef I have is that sometimes, if you use a very specific amount of force, then the bolt will pop out the back. I never shot the CZ one but I like this one plenty and don't plan to give it up, (for the time being at least.)

Bought one of these about 2-3 weeks ago and it look good!

I haven't been able to shoot it yet but it look like a decent gun for the price.

The only complain i have is that the safety does not work, at least not without what i consider an excessive amount of force.

BANNED
    Great rifles. A must own in my opinion.

50 yrd group with cheap Winchester xperts once sighted in.

Last edited by johntwo; 05-25-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: please dont advertise other businesses in our forum
    "IF you plan, work, revise and persist, you can become what others call LUCKY."

Last edited by johntwo; 05-25-2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: please dont advertise other businesses in our forum
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Hi Johntwo
    “Last edited by johntwo; 05-25-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: please dont advertise other businesses in our forum”
    Sorry! New to joining in on threads like this. Looks like I need to get a clue, please let me know how I can know if it’s a dealer forum posting?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcan Man View Post
    "IF you plan, work, revise and persist, you can become what others call LUCKY."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcan Man View Post
    Hi Johntwo
    “Last edited by johntwo; 05-25-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: please dont advertise other businesses in our forum”
    Sorry! New to joining in on threads like this. Looks like I need to get a clue, please let me know how I can know if it’s a dealer forum posting?
    Thanks
    If you look at the "Thread Tree" at the top of the page you'll be able to tell. Look for the thing that looks like this (this thread has this):

Forum - Sponsoring Business Members Forums - Marstar Canada (ON) - Norinco JW25a

Anytime it says this:
    Forum - Sponsoring Business Members Forums - Vendor Name - Forum Name
    Then you are in a dealer forum
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Very very tempting, but i own so many .22 already. i have the Norinco JW13 hiker model and it's fantastic. Still such a good deal on this. hmmm.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112