Norinco JW25a

they work. I had a Jw25a, and I ran all my CZ452mags in it. They worked better in it than the factory one did. go for it. And, if you get any of those CZ rifles in the future you will already have spare mags.

they work. I had a Jw25a, and I ran all my CZ452mags in it. They worked better in it than the factory one did. go for it. And, if you get any of those CZ rifles in the future you will already have spare mags.

What about the JW15 mags? Anyone with experience with these?

Last edited:

Hello. JR.

Took your advice and ordered CZ from Cabela's. Just hope I got the right one.

CZ BRNO .22 LR Magazines

10-round polymer magazine for CZ 452/453/455 22 LR/17 HM2

What do you think?

If wrong I can always return it.

Hello Nighthawk

I have two JW15 9-rd mags. The feeding lips were really sharp and had to be sanded down to prevent shredding my fingers. The lips were also a bit tighter then the 5-rd mag that came with it, so I windened them slightly with needle nose plyers. With these minor modifications and a good cleaning these mags work great and were about 1/2 cost of CZ's I priced.

Last edited:
No, but I wish the design was different. Safety latch is under constant tension by the firing spring and I do not like that. Genuine Mauser or side safety would be much better.

It's not a mauser and has nothing to do with a mauser action. It's a straight up copy of a BRNO action that eventually evolved into the cz 455

Just wondering if any member has had any problems with the bolt safety on the JW25A?
Mine was very hard to put on and take off initially. It loosened up a bit with use, but it is still difficult and makes a very loud click. Also, I believe the instruction manual that came with it did not describe the function of the safety properly. I ended up looking at YouTube videos to figure out how it worked, as it was not intuitive.

Just checked mine last night and the safety doesn't work.

Zero effs given. I place no faith or trust in mechanical safeties.

yea, you flip it right up, then press firmly downward on it to compress the spring and slide it back.

now that said, mine had such a large amout of slag or poor metal work on the receiver below the sight that it was really hard to get it out. Like REALLY hard. Once it was out, I was able to clean it up with a dremel and then it was as normal.

I replaced my rear sight with one from a real mauser. My scope mount had no problem with the rear sight.

I bought one of these recently and I gotta say I'm impressed. I own many other Norinco firearms and this is probably the best quality one I own. The stock came pristine, if not a bit goopy, and everything was smooth with very few visible machining marks. It shoots great, and even came sighted in proper. The only beef I have is that sometimes, if you use a very specific amount of force, then the bolt will pop out the back. I never shot the CZ one but I like this one plenty and don't plan to give it up, (for the time being at least.)

Bought one of these about 2-3 weeks ago and it look good!

I haven't been able to shoot it yet but it look like a decent gun for the price.

The only complain i have is that the safety does not work, at least not without what i consider an excessive amount of force.

Hi Johntwo
“Last edited by johntwo; 05-25-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: please dont advertise other businesses in our forum”
Sorry! New to joining in on threads like this. Looks like I need to get a clue, please let me know how I can know if it’s a dealer forum posting?
Thanks

If you look at the "Thread Tree" at the top of the page you'll be able to tell. Look for the thing that looks like this (this thread has this):

Forum - Sponsoring Business Members Forums - Marstar Canada (ON) - Norinco JW25a

Anytime it says this:
Forum - Sponsoring Business Members Forums - Vendor Name - Forum Name
Then you are in a dealer forum

Very very tempting, but i own so many .22 already. i have the Norinco JW13 hiker model and it's fantastic. Still such a good deal on this. hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom