Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Gsg stg-44 non-restricted rifle

Here is a scary thought. Since the official designation of the MP40 is Machine Pistol, will the MP40 be labeled as a pistol and thus limited to 10 rounds?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    Here is a scary thought. Since the official designation of the MP40 is Machine Pistol, will the MP40 be labeled as a pistol and thus limited to 10 rounds?
    That would really suck... if they did that.. I hope its non restricted rifle not a pistol.. the mp44 should be a rifle though..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Well like the video of the guy showing them said they are pistols when folded in the states but... they have a pinned stock version as well so we can always hope..
    American legal rulings seldom have influence on Canadian rulings, since we have quite different laws.

If the barrels on the gsg guns are 1-2 inches longer than the original we can have them as non-res with folding stock.

What was the SSD MP40 classified as?

Revolted
    What was the SSD MP40 classified as?
    It's not classified yet. It's currently under review with the RCMP once we have a classification we will let you know.

Best regards,
    Scott

I like how the same questions keep coming up

How about this question? I skimmed the thread yesterday and didn't see it.

What're these guns made out of? I'm talking the major parts.

I'm hoping stamped sheet metal or milled aluminium, but injection molded plastic or die cast metal are also possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    It's not classified yet. It's currently under review with the RCMP once we have a classification we will let you know.

Best regards,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    I was referring to this gun. The same one that Marstar had. Their site isn't working for me at the moment, but i was curious as to what it was classified as. If it was classified as NR, than chances are so will the .22 version.

Revolted
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post

How about this question? I skimmed the thread yesterday and didn't see it.

What're these guns made out of? I'm talking the major parts.

I'm hoping stamped sheet metal or milled aluminium, but injection molded plastic or die cast metal are also possible.
    I haven't seen them but I was told they are all metal. I will have to ask what kind.

Best regards,
    Scott

Anyone heard about the Awesome Foundation? $1000 for the best (most awesome) idea that has "a legitimate and important social mission."

How about... everyone gets an MP44!

Awesome. Want!
    “Now you know how I don’t like to use the sit down gun.” - Col Chestbridge

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    I haven't seen them but I was told they are all metal. I will have to ask what kind.

Best regards,
    Scott
    Thanks! Since the 44 was originally a stamped design it may actually lend itself to be stamped sheet metal again. I don't know anything about the 40, but seems it could be done as well.

In any event, if they stick to metal parts that'll be a big plus in my books. I look forward to hearing more about these guns.

I was referring to this gun. The same one that Marstar had. Their site isn't working for me at the moment, but i was curious as to what it was classified as. If it was classified as NR, than chances are so will the .22 version.
    FYI for those who were curious on this - the Marstar guns are centerfire so their barrel length kills any chance of non-res status, while the GSG guns are rimfire, so don't have to have 18 inch barrels, so have a way better chance of being non-restricted. If the GSG guns come up short, I wonder if there's potential to have GSG make the barrels slightly longer?
    Last edited by H Wally; 02-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.