Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is job loss enough for refusal of RPAL?

Hmmm, perhaps any Liberal MP who is voted out of office should get a prohibition order, just in case...
    EOSC.ca

Does anyone here know if the background check for an RPAL would be the same as the background check you would get while applying to a police force? The reason I ask is I am signed up to go to school in september to help me become a Correctional Officer, and just recently I found out the OPP have taken over the background check for corrections. Now I have never been arrested or charged or anything like that, but I did get caught with a shady fellow who had marijuana on him, and I believe that is in the system. So to get to the point, I sent in my application for my RPAL 2 weeks ago, so if I do get the RPAL would that mean I will be alright to pass the police background check? I know this may sound ridiculous, and I feel really stupid asking, but I just want to find out before I go through 2 years of school to become a CX. The last thing I want is to go to the corrections college and be told I cant be hired for something silly, I really am a law abiding citizen who wants to help with public safety. I hope I made this clear enough. If there are any police officers on this forum that would be great! And dont worry, I can handle the truth haha I will be pretty devastated but life goes on...thanks a lot guys, and I'm really not crazy lol just stressing out because I need to make a decision very soon. Hope all is well!

The CFO will likely call you, and make sure all is well.

Tell him you needed a new hobby between jobs. :D

i don't even see how the loss of your job might results in some sort of hassles from the cfc?? maybe i miss something...

You should be ok as long as you weren't a "Postal Worker"!!!
    "If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

Last edited by Loctome; 03-03-2012 at 12:44 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loctome View Post
    The RCMP CFC treats us all like we are all criminals just because we what our firearms license... They want to know if you lost your job because the dont want you to go out and do an armed robbery to get some cash... ect.

The 28 waiting period is a "cool down" period, just in case you wanted a gun for to commit suicide or wanted to shoot someone, the 28 plus days it takes to get a license would give the that person time to think about it and maybe change his mind.

All this is for all of the idiot people out there that abuse guns and commit crimes, while us normal people have to just put up with all of the crap...!

But its so worth it all in the end.... :P

I got mine to my door in 1.5 weeks from the day I mailed it. I paided for fast shipping phoned and ask if they got it called my referances after they interviewed me 1 day after sending it.. then it was at my door 1.5 weeks later..

I put job loss on mine and they said what happend? I was like I quit. They went ok done..

If its a new Appilication, everyone has to wait 28 days... its the Law. Was yours a renewal?

1.5 weeks?? You must have had a license before.. ether that or they made some kind of error?

I guess your just one of the lucky ones...
    Last edited by Loctome; 04-21-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser-500 View Post
    Does anyone here know if the background check for an RPAL would be the same as the background check you would get while applying to a police force? The reason I ask is I am signed up to go to school in september to help me become a Correctional Officer, and just recently I found out the OPP have taken over the background check for corrections. Now I have never been arrested or charged or anything like that, but I did get caught with a shady fellow who had marijuana on him, and I believe that is in the system. So to get to the point, I sent in my application for my RPAL 2 weeks ago, so if I do get the RPAL would that mean I will be alright to pass the police background check? I know this may sound ridiculous, and I feel really stupid asking, but I just want to find out before I go through 2 years of school to become a CX. The last thing I want is to go to the corrections college and be told I cant be hired for something silly, I really am a law abiding citizen who wants to help with public safety. If you need to quickly improve your grades and save time on essay writing, I recommend essaylab. This service where you can buy **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum** will also be useful for students and can help them save time. I hope I made this clear enough. If there are any police officers on this forum that would be great! And dont worry, I can handle the truth haha I will be pretty devastated but life goes on...thanks a lot guys, and I'm really not crazy lol just stressing out because I need to make a decision very soon. Hope all is well!
    It's understandable that you're feeling anxious about the background check for your RPAL and the potential impact it may have on your future career as a Correctional Officer. While I am not a police officer, it's important to note that the background check for an RPAL is different than the one for a police force or other law enforcement agency. However, it's always best to disclose any relevant information on your application and during the interview process to avoid any potential issues down the line. In any case, it's admirable that you're committed to public safety and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by vikexeg699 View Post
    It's understandable that you're feeling anxious about the background check for your RPAL and the potential impact it may have on your future career as a Correctional Officer. While I am not a police officer, it's important to note that the background check for an RPAL is different than the one for a police force or other law enforcement agency. However, it's always best to disclose any relevant information on your application and during the interview process to avoid any potential issues down the line. In any case, it's admirable that you're committed to public safety and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Perhaps it is "important to note" that you are replying to a post that was made nearly 12 years ago - I am sure that poster got things sorted out or not, by now.
    The DEVIL caught me with my head down, and thought he had won - until I said "AMEN"!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast