Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Armco anyone?

Gunnar is absolutely top notch. Certainly old school, wish more were like him. The comms can take be slow sometimes, but he is a busy man, besides buying and selling new and used guns, he does gunsmithing. And he likely is always in a state of having more work than he can handle.

Don't sweat it, he won't let you down.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Thank You.
    I feel much better now.
    I do understand that he's busy.
    What scared me the most was that I lost the contact since the payment went thru.
    Ok, then.
    I will try to send him a fax maybe...
    Have a good weekend Guys.
    Email is fine (no need for fax).
    Like everyone else said here, he's reliable.
    I did receive emails back from him at very odd hours (but I was thankful to receive them.)

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    if some one is this busy and have this much success with thier compny then hire people to look after things that you dont have the time to do
    Yes. But it takes many people time to realise this, and then to act on it, especially when their business grows organically out of a skilled craft that they have a passion for, as opposed to someone with theoretical training in how to organise and run a business who can just keep hiring and training more unskilled people as demand grows.

My dealings with Gunnar have been limited to a couple of 'phone calls in which he has taken the time to discuss with me things I think I might want and whether they are realistic and how to go about finding them. I realise that's time he wasn't spending on someone else, who perhaps had a gun in bits on Gunnar's bench and was waiting to pay him for finishing the work, and when I eventually buy a gun from him or send him some gunsmithing work I know I won't have his undivided attention. There are different ways of doing business and they have value to different sorts of customers.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

I had a few transactions with him. Let's just say they were less than stellar and now I shop elsewhere.

Regards,
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

I hear and read mostly good things about Armco. My experience has been limited to communications with the shop. My experiences with this has been less then desirable. So I to have gone elsewhere.

Graydog

"East of the Rockies, West of the rest." - Corb Lund
    I've done business with Gunnar more then a few times, and he is a good man to deal with. - dan
    "Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual."

CGN Regular
    I bought a pistol (FNP-45) from Gunnar during the boxing day sale he held this year. It took a month to get it delivered and he was pretty slow to respond to emails. But the pistol was exactly as promised and even included a nice case and cable lock that wasn't advertised.

I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to deal with him. I would deal with him again anytime. He may be a little slow with emails but I'd rather have that than not get the goods promised.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Yup Gunnar has had lot's of good deals and a few bad ones to.

The people that have had good deals are happy and the people with not so good deals are less happy.

The people that are waiting and wondering will either be happy in the end or not.....

It's a quirk of the gunsmith trade that most are a bit slow and detached but when they have a mostly positive record of good work ( like Gunnar) then it's accepted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dan belisle View Post
    I've done business with Gunnar more then a few times, and he is a good man to deal with. - dan

this covers my experience with him as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Again, thank You for your responses.
    I'm not trying to bash Gunnar here, just wanted to get some idea about the way he works.
    On the other hand I don't think that I'm sweating too much when expecting to receive a thing that I paid for in timely accepted manner.
    6 weeks with no answer on his side isn't such manner IMHO.
    It's not like I'm asking for any modification to the gun BTW.
    I called the shop today, but guess what?
    No answer.
    I've sent the fax asking for the transfer or return of my money.
    Lesson learned on my end I guess.
    Again, thanks a lot for your help Guys.
    Take care.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast