North Sylva information forum. Please read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my understanding that IPSC allows it because although your modifying the safety, your emulating a gun that is allowed in production (The Julie Goloski edition)..so your not getting any advantage that the production Goloski doesn't have already. Any mod that comes from the factory is allowed.

While there would be no advantage over the other version, I think if you were to inquire on the IPSC global village, you would find that the gun being modified to remove the magazine disconnect would remove it from production division. It would still be allowed in the other divisions, just not production. Of course, if you ordered the production version that didn't have the disconnect to begin with, then you would be fine in production division.

Most local matches would allow you in production division with the modification because they would never check your gun, but if you ever went to nationals or an international match you run the risk of being put in a different division than you intend to compete in.

I have to qualify all of this by saying, I am not an RO and I haven't made this specific inquiry on the global village. I have however seen other inquiries about modifications that didn't provide any advantage in shooting, i.e. making your glock pink instead of black, and these modifications were not allowed in production division.

Found out the answer to my question, p.s this distributor is still around

Last edited:
I was wondering if there was any way to get info on what brands you distribute and to which retailers?

Every time I find a product on a manufactures website that I want, and then search their dealer listings for Canada, they always list distributors not retail dealers.

I realize this information would be hardly accurate as just because a retailer sells one item of a brand does not mean they sell their entire line but at least its a starting point to look for certain things.

................. Please delete. I'm not sure why we can't delete our own posts! Maybe I'm just to stupid to know how, lol.

Last edited:
I so want to know about the Smith and Wesson M&P .22, so much so that I am thinking of driving to the USA just to be able to measure the bbl and find out what the actual measurement is....

I'm not trying to be facetious but since you're on the interweb already have you thought of visiting smith-wesson.com?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_773655_-1_757781_757781_image

ah yes grasshopper I have gone on Smiths website and have seen the infamous 4.1", but people on CGN have mentioned that the way Americans measure bbl length is different and since S&W has not responded to my e-mail I see no other choice but to get my hands on one and see if I can measure it

ah yes grasshopper I have gone on Smiths website and have seen the infamous 4.1", but people on CGN have mentioned that the way Americans measure bbl length is different and since S&W has not responded to my e-mail I see no other choice but to get my hands on one and see if I can measure it

Well that's news to me. I wasn't aware that Americans measure differently. Both my M&P's were measured correctly but they aren't .22's.

Let us know what you find out, you've piqued my interest.

I would like to say thank you to the North Sylva info forum for NOT answering the question I posted over three months ago.
I will have to email Smith and Wesson back and ask them if they know of a dealer that sells M&P 9 replacement barrels that will actually answer prospective customers questions.

I would like to say thank you to the North Sylva info forum for NOT answering the question I posted over three months ago.
I will have to email Smith and Wesson back and ask them if they know of a dealer that sells M&P 9 replacement barrels that will actually answer prospective customers questions.

Please PM us for your inquiry. I don't keep track of an information thread for Q&A.

Thanks,

tavor

I see in the "ee" that tavors have a new " better trigger " . Is this correct and can this be adapted to older models ?? I understand that you are the importer now , correct ??
docsteve

The S&W M&P has proven to be very popular. The only major reservation that I have about the M&P is the fact that most of the M&P pistols available in Canada are equipped with a magazine disconnect, while in the U.S., where the consumers in most states have the freedom to choose, most M&P pistols are sold without this "feature". Different retailers have informed me that North Sylva's M&P product selection is limited and weighed heavily toward models with magazine disconnectors. Is this true?

Why is the no-magazine disconnect M&P so hard to find in Canada?

Which M&P SKU numbers are actually available from North Sylva?

Will North Sylva import other models, including SKU models that have the marking "CAUTION: CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED", if they are ordered by a dealer?

I bought an M&P 40 range/carry kit from Al Flaherty's and it does not have the magazine disconnect. Not sure if all the range/carry kits are all like this, but mine is:)

The only major reservation that I have about the M&P is the fact that most of the M&P pistols available in Canada are equipped with a magazine disconnect.

I will not own another pistol with a magazine disconnect, and I will not be recommending any pistol with a magazine disconnect to anyone. And many contemporary trainers say that that the removal from a firearm of anything characterized by the manufacturer as a safety device is ill-advised and is like opening a Pandora's Box, so I cannot recommend that anyone remove a magazine disconnect from a pistol that has it.

Otherwise, the M&P - without a magazine disconnect, without an internal lock, and with the marking "CAUTION: CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED" - is a viable pistol that I can recommend.

The m&p 9 that I had did not have a magazine disconnect.
I believe most range kits comes with no magazine disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom