Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: North Sylva information forum. Please read before posting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    However the model's with the factory magazine disconnect can be modified at our facility by our S&W armourer to remove this feature from any M&P that has it. It can be ordered through your local dealer and is only a nominal fee to have the modification done. It won't have the warning on the side of the pistol, but will perform exactly the same.

Deleted due to 2013 Rule Book Change

Take Care

Bob Bonenfant
    IDPA Area Coordinator-Canada
    Last edited by Canuck44; 09-17-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    Removal of the mag disconnect by North Sylva or any other company or person other than S&W would make the gun illegal for IDPA competition. Guns manufactured and sold by S&W that don't have the mag disconnect have a warning on the slide indicating the gun can fire without a magazine in the gun. The mag disconnect is considered a safety device by S&W and thus may not be removed by rule.

Take Care

Bob Bonenfant
    IDPA Area Coordinator-Canada
    Thanks for the heads up Bob. While it is true, I don't recall IDPA being mentioned in Wendall's original post.

It's my understanding that IPSC allows it because although your modifying the safety, your emulating a gun that is allowed in production (The Julie Goloski edition)..so your not getting any advantage that the production Goloski doesn't have already. Any mod that comes from the factory is allowed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Bob. While it is true, I don't recall IDPA being mentioned in Wendall's original post.
    Deleted due to 2013 Rule Book change

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by Canuck44; 09-17-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The only major reservation that I have about the M&P is the fact that most of the M&P pistols available in Canada are equipped with a magazine disconnect.

I will not own another pistol with a magazine disconnect, and I will not be recommending any pistol with a magazine disconnect to anyone. And many contemporary trainers say that that the removal from a firearm of anything characterized by the manufacturer as a safety device is ill-advised and is like opening a Pandora's Box, so I cannot recommend that anyone remove a magazine disconnect from a pistol that has it.

Otherwise, the M&P - without a magazine disconnect, without an internal lock, and with the marking "CAUTION: CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED" - is a viable pistol that I can recommend.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

TF 3-09 Pistol

Jeremy called my house a couple weeks back about my tour pistol being in and I need to get a hold of him, I was in Suffield at the time. Unfortunately my phone and internet are down until Sunday evening when the repair guys are showing up. If he can send me a message back through this forum it would be great. Also a couple of guys are wondering if there are anymore of the tour pistols available since they didn't order them last year.

Just wonder if NS has ever imported any M&P compact model with legal barrel?

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Delete
    Last edited by Tuco Pike; 05-06-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: post not required

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Delete
    Last edited by Tuco Pike; 05-06-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Post Not Required

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    All the M&P45c would need is a 106mm barrel. It'd sell like hotcakes (so long as it came with the little gold writing on the slide, of course).

Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast