Tanfoglio Appeal - Back in stock.

Thanks for asking, infamy.

I checked in last week; no update other than they have it and will get to it. Apparently, there is no set timeframe for the review; some guns may take a short time - some long. I'll be checking in again next week.

Trust me, I want to know more than anyone here, so I will definitely update you as soon as I know!:D

cool, reasonably priced, the only thing that could make it better was if it came in centerfire calibres. oh well a .22LR version would still be fun in the gopher patch if they are NR.

They are not currently made in .17HMR. The initial review said they would be.

Does anyone know if the Appeal will eventually come in .17HMR? Would buy in .17HMR but not in .22LR.

They are not currently made in .17HMR. The initial review said they would be.

Does anyone know if the Appeal will eventually come in .17HMR? Would buy in .17HMR but not in .22LR.

I have heard that it is very difficult to build a reliable semi auto 17 HMR because of the combination of high gas pressure and low recoil energy.

It has been done before though. Let's cross our fingers.

Does anyone know
Yes. The Canadian Importer should know - wait...that's me - and I do know....:D

if the Appeal will eventually come in .17HMR?
Sorry, No plans now.

I have heard that it is very difficult to build a reliable semi auto 17 HMR because of the combination of high gas pressure and low recoil energy.
Exactly.

Magnum Research discontinued thier 10/22 variant in 17HMR because they couldn't keep the things from breaking.

I think I might have to pick one up if it's NR.
If they get classified as restricted, I likely won't bother importing them.
Like Babyseal said, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:
This in 22 WMR will look very nice next to my 40 Megawatt plasma rifle.

Three guns now on my short list for my Fall present to myself...If I skip lunch for the next year....
$2/day*20 work-days/month * 12 months = $480, I could just do it!

Skip lunch?! What am I saying? Better reduce my list.

Update or rather, a non-update.

Still waiting for the RCMP to rule on the gun's classification and they say they can't tell me when they will rule.

Just don't know if it's prohibited / restricted or non-restricted yet.:(

When I know, you guys will..

It must be great to work for the government.

It's hard to imagine ANY job in the private sector where someone could just say; "Yeah, I'll get around to it when I feel like it."

Still waiting for the RCMP to rule on the gun's classification and they say they can't tell me when they will rule.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I look forward to owning one of these.

interested for sure.

and, yea must be nice. sit around, deliberate on something, just arbitrarily make a descision based on your whim for the day, mood, and weather you got some last nite. and have absolutely NO accountability, or appeal on yoru descision.

It must be great to work for the government.

It's hard to imagine ANY job in the private sector where someone could just say; "Yeah, I'll get around to it when I feel like it."

Sadly, the first reaction to public pressure for timely rulings would be a budget increase and systematized delays....

Back
Top Bottom