Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AT15 UPPERS to be unveiled at Calgary Gun Show

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Me, personally? Not much.

I'm just pointing out that not all people who shoot rifles lefty are left-handed.
    I fully realize that there is part of the gun culture for whom a LH gun would be of advantage, unfortunately just not quite enough for a small operation like ATRS to basically re-invent the gun for.
    We try to help out the lefties as best we can with bolt action rifles, but to date only 3 folks since 2008 when we starting making an AR style rifle have voiced that if we made it they would buy it.
    I would be curious to see how many LH guns Stag sells in a year compared to the number of RH guns?
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Approximately 1/3 of people are left-eye dominant, though.
    I used to hunt with a guy that had a custom SAKO mount to accommodate that. Looked kind of like this:

If you gave him a regular rifle, he'd tilt it to the left. Do what you got to do I guess.

The guy that wins most of our service rifle matches is a lefty, shoots right handed rifles just fine.

Have a Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by carbonrod; 12-24-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrod View Post
    I used to hunt with a guy that had a custom SAKO mount to accommodate that. Looked like of like this:

If you gave him a regular rifle, he'd tilt it to the left. Do what you got to do I guess.

The guy that wins most of our service rifle matches is a lefty, shoots right handed rifles just fine.

Have a Merry Christmas.
    That's awesome.

For bolt action I prefer a right handed bolt. I never have to loose my grip on the rifle while cycling the bolt. As for the AR platform the real advantage is the cases and gasses ejecting from the left. It's not that you can't shoot a right handed AR left handed. It's just that it makes shooting more comfortable. People don't understand till they shoot my AR right handed. Same thing with locking the slide back on most pistols. It's awkward to do without transitioning to the right hand. That's why I like my M&P. Ambi slide lock It's the little things that make the biggest differences.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345