Factory M14 shorty?

driller212

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
I was just wondering if there was any way to bring in m14 rifles into Canada with a factory barrel length of 18.5" ?? if there were enough people interested (as I am sure there would be), would it be possible to get it done?

Thanks for your time, and sorry if it seems like a silly question.

J

yea it just kinda popped into my head today... there must be some legitimate reason for it.

but its guaranteed these would sell well! everybody loves the shorty m14 i mean kmon!

lets see what John says

Last edited:
18.5 inch M-14s
No problem I would have to order at least 1,000 units for them to make them up....

John

believe it or not, springfield did make a shorty and a shorter- than shorty ( the m1a-1) at one time,odd ball flashider, folding stock and no bayonet lug

New to the M14 world...but how accurate would a shorty be compared to the regular version...Assuming NO mods were done and it was factory fresh...

(learning about these...and hoping to get on the wagon soon!!)

Thanks
GuyZ

there is a thread right now in the main battle rifles forum "shorty vs full length" go read up on that. some say shorty is more accurate because the barrel is more stiff or something rather... dno if thats true, but almost guaranteed they will be more accurate than you.

How about just a batch of shorty barrels threaded for 1/2" flash suppressor or muzzle brakes and we swap them out?

well how about both ;)

they do sell them that way from the factory in NZ according to NZ gun dealers websites

yea I looked it up they sell them in NZ with 18.5" barrels. so they already exist, lets get them up here in Canada!!!!!

http://www.guncity.co.nz/308-norinco-m14-camo-carbine-new-model-xidp229671.html

John, how about scout squad type with the handguard upper optic rail in new style composite stock in dark earth. Navy Sight? What about a run of 5/10 round mags? I be in for one or two such rifles and a number of mags.
ETV

they do sell them that way from the factory in NZ according to NZ gun dealers websites

The ones they sell in New Zealand are regular factory items and not a special order, but they are 18" so way to evil for the woods of Canada...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom