Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umarex .22 MP5 - any chance?

BANNED
    no doubt

Sorry guys, no chance of bringing this in at the moment.

BANNED
    can i risk asking why precisely? is it because no dealer/distributor will take the risk after the GSG incident?

Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    can i risk asking why precisely? is it because no dealer/distributor will take the risk after the GSG incident?
    A couple of reasons. The first being we're pretty confident it's going to be deemed a variant. We had high hopes for the M&P 15-22 which is mechanically nothing like an AR-15 and that was still deemed restricted.

And we already have a number of firearms at the RCMP for classification. We need to get those approved before we move on to anything else.

thanks,

BANNED
    thanks for the explanation!

BANNED
    perhaps this nonsense could change with our conservates now in control... heres to hoping

CGN frequent flyer
    It won't be approved because the manufacturer called it a variant of the MP-5 in the brochure and signed it's death sentence right there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    And we already have a number of firearms at the RCMP for classification. We need to get those approved before we move on to anything else.
    Thanks for the update. Would you mind advising aside from the SCAR (MK22) what else is currently with the RCMP waiting for classfication?
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by andrew870 View Post
    What if they were able to make a ump .22 or some sort of licensed copy / variant... that would be awesome as well, and possible to own theoretically
    that would be awsome
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    youd think they'd at least let us have the .22 version of the prohibited gun for sport shooting and collectors purposes.....i mean...who the heck is going to chose a .22 for a killing spree or domestic violence? I just dont see the danger in letting John Q public have wimpy 22 versions of prohibited guns.

Also, we cant have full auto but we should be able to keep our full auto BLANK guns......

If the purpose of laws is to protect people then why pass laws that just annoy people with no purpose? Those FA blank guns dangerous are they?

gah
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast