Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Armco. Part 3?

CGN frequent flyer
    Delete
    Last edited by calvados.boulard; 05-31-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: delete

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus enuff View Post
    I personally am giving Gunnar the benefit of doubt, he isn't malicious or a shyster, just a real busy older guy who makes mistakes.

I had an issue, in trying to resolve the issue it got even more complicated but in the end he made it right. Haven't dealt with him since but thats only because I haven't seen anything on his site I want.

There is no excuse for this kind of service. Id be willing to send a friend over, box it up and call DHL. THats all he has to do. THis is complete B.S.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Unfortunately you are not the first to post such a story.

There has been stories where Gunnar has failed to deliver guns in the past and according to posts he has even sold guns which he was not in possession of.

Communication is an issue in all of these threads about him, and it is unfortunate that we now have another to add to the list.

I will never buy from Armco that is for sure.

Oh and if you expect any kind of response here, don't hold your breath.

Sorry for your luck, but thanks for posting your experience.

Wish I had better news for you.
    But you have no personal experience, correct?
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I also just had a pretty negative experience with Gunnar and Armco, but it involved his inability to follow basic instructions and was not related to a shipping problem.

ETA: Based on the experience, I'll never deal with the man again. Ever.

CGN Regular
    I understand running into hangups when doing custom work or having somethng re-classified, but I just want my stock, paid for, transfered glock shipped a couple hundred km north of where it is now. Its not rocket science.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Barry F's Avatar
    I knew I should have gone with Badger Arms.
    Fail. Badger has a reputation all of its own. I wouldn't deal with that guy if he was the last place on earth. Exactly the same reputation as Armco, although you will see the odd guy talking about the wonderful service at Badger. I guess it is 50/50 with badger, odds that I don't like. You see, I don't mind getting bad service if the company goes out of there way to make things right after a mistake. But Badger, if you make a complaint, goes out of his way to make sure you will never deal with them again.

Cheers
    Barry
    Your average lib or dipper is so crooked that when they die, the undertaker has to screw them into the ground.-colt45cz75
    CSSA, NFA, WRP, CPC member....Join now!

CGN Regular
    Fair enough.

Wolverine(s)!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer agilent_one's Avatar
    Never had a problem with Armco or Badger. However, I'm a patient guy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Barry F's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agilent_one View Post
    Never had a problem with Armco or Badger. However, I'm a patient guy.
    I do believe you, however there are so many stories about these two specific dealers that I will avoid them like the plague. I have never heard comparable stories about, say Wolverine, Frontier, etc etc.
    Your average lib or dipper is so crooked that when they die, the undertaker has to screw them into the ground.-colt45cz75
    CSSA, NFA, WRP, CPC member....Join now!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry F View Post
    Fail. Badger has a reputation all of its own. I wouldn't deal with that guy if he was the last place on earth. Exactly the same reputation as Armco, although you will see the odd guy talking about the wonderful service at Badger. I guess it is 50/50 with badger, odds that I don't like. You see, I don't mind getting bad service if the company goes out of there way to make things right after a mistake. But Badger, if you make a complaint, goes out of his way to make sure you will never deal with them again. Cheers
    Barry
    You should look for the post where he talks about the energy and moral going down in his shop dealing with 'difficult' customers. Just a straight F.U. ,heres your money back. When all the clients wanted was at the least just an email saying whats up with delays. Not so much to ask for when said clients apparently had plenty of emails/calls returned before cash exchanged hands. Not too much to expect the same level of communication after the sale IMO.

In business your reputation is your life. Protect it accordingly. If it's worth more to you to be a dick to clients then run your business as you see fit.
    Last edited by klaus enuff; 06-01-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: sp