Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Armco. Part 3?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-nwt View Post
    But you have no personal experience, correct?
    Joe, perhaps you can start a thread asking all with personal bad experience with Gunnar to chip in their stories of woe.......

Should be an epic!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bear.23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Joe, perhaps you can start a thread asking all with personal bad experience with Gunnar to chip in their stories of woe.......

Should be an epic!

My story is probably still out there..
    Tired, Old, Sore & Cranky... What else is new..

I believe that in today's business world, one has to go out of their way to satisfy the customer. We are so pampered with service on demand from everywhere, so rich in choices that we have come to dislike even a high-esteemed gunsmith because he can't ship products the proper way or lacks the aptitude of answering to pertinent inquires and disregard the "chat room mumble".
    Customer service is an art in itself, and it is no longer enough to have good or cheap merchandise. It is when things go wrong, that the true businessman shines.
    I believe that 90% is the lack of communication that aggravates the customer. Unanswered emails and phone calls are unacceptable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post

Should be an epic!
    Or maybe only people with such experiences should post in THIS thread, instead of just repeating what was HEARD.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eltorro View Post
    I believe that 90% is the lack of communication that aggravates the customer. Unanswered emails and phone calls are unacceptable.
    Thats what got to me, was the complete blackout of communication. And shipping a box isnt rocket science. Its been MY property for over two weeks now.

I talked to him today, he said DHL didnt come friday, or monday, or tuesday. so he was taking it to the depot today. If its not here by the weekend Ill be taking action. either I take a day off work (which I really DONT want and SHOULDNT have to do) or I talk to a friend of my brothers whos in the RCMP down there to look into picking it up.

I just want whats mine..

If there is an education for vendors, we should not be immune to some enlightenment either. Once we pay for something, we want it in our possession the very second after that. I was myself guilty of jumping to conclusions too early in one instance. The gentleman said he would ship the rifle on a certain date, and a week after - still no sign of tracking #... Little did I know that they had a severe storm in the rural area he lived in, and they were without power, internet....etc. I became aware of the situation only after Canada Post further complicated things... and after a not so considerate email sent to the vendor. It certainly opened my eyes.

I am not well versed in the law, but I believe the pistol becomes your property only once you take possession. Be careful about the conditions of the short term ATT. Driving there or asking somebody else to pick up a restricted firearm is not always a good idea. And herein lies the problem. While you feel like you should do something, the sad reality is that you can't do much. And he knows that.
    On the other hand, I think you did a lot already. There are quite a few that read this post.

Good luck with your less than encouraging shipping experience, and I hope that it will not detract from the joy of shooting that 17.

I've never dealt with Armco before (is that ok, Joe-Nwt?) but from the amount and frequency of reported issues, I doubt I ever will.

Is Gunnar totally devoid of pride? I mean, doesn't he value what's left of his reputation and name? He clearly KNOWS there are issues but continually fails to deal with it. If he's that busy (ya...right) and can't handle the overflow of work, then hire more people to sustain the business or stop advertising for new business.

With all the reported issues at Armco, I'm surprised CGN hasn't pulled his dealer status here. Do we really need this type of business man represented here?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    I haven't seen a post on CGN that was non sales related by Gunnar in quite some time and he has never addressed the complaints publicly as far as I've seen.

Gunnar used to share his knowledge with members and had an impeccable reputation for good work......something changed when he shifted his focus towards sales.

CGN Regular
    I've been stockpiling ammo for over a month. When this G17 finally shows up im going to shoot the absolute crap out of it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    I've dealt with Gunnar many times for firearms, gunsmithing, and accessories. All went smooth as can be.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.