Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Armco. Part 3?

CGN Regular

Armco. Part 3?

I really didnt want to have to do this. But im extremely frustrated and very unhappy with whats been going on with Armco. I had high hopes that my first deal with him would go smooth as Im trying hard to shop local but have had less than stellar service with almost everybody in my area.

Anyways, heres whats going on. I bought a g17 gen 3.5 at the prince george gunshow, they had a nice setup and other than the one guy (not gunnar) saying stupid #### about club tupperware (ive already got a 1911) things went well at the show which was on the 8th.

Today is the 30th and i still havnt recieved my gun, the transfer was completed on the 16th and since then I have sent 5 emails and one PM with no response, and no pistol. I finally managed to get ahold of Gunar this past friday after a bunch of phone calls (27th), when I asked why I hadnt got my pistol he said he was waiting to see if canada post went on strike. Nice, doesnt really explain the lack of reponses or updates. He said he would sent it via DHL that afternoon, today is monday and I dont have my pistol.

Im hoping its here tomorrow, and that he sent it when he said he would. But if he hasnt, I wont be shocked, and im past being dissapointed in the service. Maybe my 600$ tupperwear pistol is barely a ripple in the pond compared to the high end race guns and 1911 stuff hes dealing with, but I worked hard for that money, and no customer should have to put up with this crap.

I knew I should have gone with Badger Arms.

Well Kurch , Gunnar is extremely busy and I understand his predictment when comes to Canada post , as for DHL it should arrive to yourself within 3 - 5 business days , depending where you live , I have seen DHL take 4 - 5 business day when they advertise 2 days , so just be patient and it will arrive

CGN Regular
    I realize if hes shipped it it will get here. Im only 1hr 45mins away and if i wasnt working 60hrs a week id just go get it myself. But its kind of hard to not get worked up when your trying to get ahold of him and hes updating his site and posting WTS ads on here but not replying to emails from a customer whos already paid in full, and had the transfer completed. Maybe he should hire more people or just focus on the smithing as this seems to be a common problem.

BANNED
    Unfortunately you are not the first to post such a story.

There has been stories where Gunnar has failed to deliver guns in the past and according to posts he has even sold guns which he was not in possession of.

Communication is an issue in all of these threads about him, and it is unfortunate that we now have another to add to the list.

I will never buy from Armco that is for sure.

Oh and if you expect any kind of response here, don't hold your breath.

Sorry for your luck, but thanks for posting your experience.

Wish I had better news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurch View Post
    Maybe my 600$ tupperwear pistol is barely a ripple in the pond compared to the high end race guns and 1911 stuff hes dealing with
    beleive me it has nothing to do with the value of the gun nor its social status. It's an equal treatment for all

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bear.23's Avatar
    DHL... There are stories.. Like sorry we don't deliver there can you come to the depot 5 hours away and pick up your package...
    Tired, Old, Sore & Cranky... What else is new..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    If you deal with the CFO allot you can get burned ie them not sending paper work ect.. I'm still waiting for my cert for 1 firearm from them the paper work transfer ect is all done. I even have the pistol and have already transferred it out of my name (it was a gift). The CFO sometimes doesn't send the paper work you can request it multiple ways I told them to email me the seller copy and also mail it. I never got it for 2 transfers I did. Some people will wait till the paper work comes in but the only way I got it was by calling them multiple times. I was even told we can't send you paper work that way to yes we can here you go. If you even deal with Ontario or Quebec prepares to get frustrated I have never had a smooth transaction from them and I’ve done 4 already...

Well back to armco all my dealings with him have gone smooth he might not be the fastest but he will get it to you. He has certain days to do his transfers ect. I’ve dealt with people who refused to ship firearms until they got the paper copy saying they were transferred the problem is if they send it and the CFO screwed something up they would be on the hook for sending it with out the paper work.

Quote Originally Posted by bear.23 View Post
    DHL... There are stories.. Like sorry we don't deliver there can you come to the depot 5 hours away and pick up your package...
    DHL blows. They try once, then you have to go to them to get the package.
    Crazy......but that's how it goes.

CGN frequent flyer
    I personally am giving Gunnar the benefit of doubt, he isn't malicious or a shyster, just a real busy older guy who makes mistakes.

I had an issue, in trying to resolve the issue it got even more complicated but in the end he made it right. Haven't dealt with him since but thats only because I haven't seen anything on his site I want.

I had the same experiance with Armco. My freinds ordered their pistols from Wolverine 3 days after I ordered mine from Armco and they recieved theirs almost 3 weeks before I got mine . So one of the emails he did respond to after many he bascially said he didn't need customers like me. So I will never do business with Armco again when I have nothing but good service from others like Wolverine,Frontier Firearms,Blueline,CFRFM, why would I go back to Armco.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast