Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Tactical Rifle Issue

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by robertf View Post
    This is a precision rifle, not a car. If you buy a new coffee mug off ebay for $10, and it shows up broken, do you want another new mug? Do you care how it got broken or who's fault it is? How about if the seller offers to glue the mug back together for you? It will still hold coffee just as good. How about you keep the old mug and we'll give you $5 back. Are you expected to work with the seller to come to resolution? No, you just want what you paid for, an undamaged, unrepaired coffee mug.

I can see the some of you are Rick's friends. Personally he seems like an alright guy on the phone, but at the end of the day, he owes me what I provided him with, an undamaged barrel and action. It's been 3 months, I don't care what the status of the claim is, that's between him and Canada Post.
    you should care what the status of the claim is. like i mentioned, maybe atrs was paid out and is trying to profit off of you, do your part and find out, especially before you come onto a public forum. also. you don't deserve a new gun, just a receiver.

BANNED
    seriously, the tang which has nothing but cosmetic damage is making you this angry, going off your pictures there is nothing functionally wrong with the rifle... are there pictures of the rifle after rick fixed it ?

whats your issue ?.... does the rifle function and shoot the same, is there some suspicion that the rifle was mechanically damaged ??

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    I have never dealt with ATR.
    I have never dealt with robertf.

My only knowledge of this situation comes from what I have read in robertf's whinethreads.

Seeing as robertf is asking for opinions, it is my opinion that ATR's offer to repair is a reasonable one. Given ATR's skill and experience, the repair and refinish will be good.

If robertf isn't interested in waiting for a Canada Post resolution, and isn't interested in ATR's offer, then I would suggest that ATR politely suggest that he get stuffed.
    Hey Tiriaq, I'm selling a precision rifle that has been dropped at least once, but a grinder has been taken to it and it's been painted to hide the damage. I'll only take full market value. Are you interested?

Quote Originally Posted by masonicshooter View Post
    you should care what the status of the claim is. like i mentioned, maybe atrs was paid out and is trying to profit off of you, do your part and find out, especially before you come onto a public forum. also. you don't deserve a new gun, just a receiver.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsicola View Post
    seriously, the tang which has nothing but cosmetic damage is making you this angry, going off your pictures there is nothing functionally wrong with the rifle... are there pictures of the rifle after rick fixed it ?

whats your issue ?.... does the rifle function and shoot the same, is there some suspicion that the rifle was mechanically damaged ??
    I'm selling a precision rifle that has been dropped at least once, but a grinder has been taken to it and it's been painted to hide the damage. I'll only take full market value. Are you interested?

I know I'm repeating myself, but hopefully this puts things in perspective for you.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsicola View Post

i don't necessarily agree with the above. you should receive restitution or a new receiver to offset the loss in value resulting from the damage, because You're right, when you want to sell it the value will be affected,

Super Moderator
    One of the more effective features at CGN is the Ignore Function, found in the User CP-Control Panel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    One of the more effective features at CGN is the Ignore Function, found in the User CP-Control Panel.
    I find this really uncalled for. You gave your opinion on the matter no need to force it on ppl, Im sure you think you're right now ,but I bet if you were in the same situation you would be feeling screwed over if what you suggested that he accepts was your only option. I know I wouldn't be happy with that if I put myself in his shoes.
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robertf View Post
    Yes, I am expecting ATR to replace my rifle. They hired Canada Post to ship me my rifle. Canada Post was acting as their agent. My repaired rifle is not worth what my undamaged rifle was. If this was my business I would want to make sure my customer was given back what he shipped me in ORIGINAL condition. It's called Customer Service... has it disappeared in Canada?
    So lets get this straight.
    You take your new car to the dealership for some repairs. When you get it back you notice a minor ding in a body panel. By your logic they owe you a new car??
    Your car would be repaired and you would carry on. THAT is the way the world works.

Exactly why ATRS would be responsible to cover anything done by another corporation ie Canada Post eludes me totally. By that logic it you would also include holding me responsible for the C Post truck that delivered it crashing into your house while delivering it to you. Or maybe the postie assaulting you while delivering the package.

I HAVE been in contact with Canada Post, they have had an inspector look at the minor damage. I was asked to get 2 more professional opinions as to whether the minor damage was repairable or not, who concluded that the minor damage could be repaired with NO ill effects to the guns effectiveness or accuracy.

Of the $1500.00 insurance claim the payout was $400.00 to repair the tang and CeroKote the barrelled action, which is all it came in for in the first place.
    This was the amount that the other 2 shops determined to be fair.
    WE did the work and you can see profited tremendously.
    50.00 to strip the original coating.
    75.00 to set up and mill off .080 from the tang in the mill
    200.00 to CeraKote the complete barrelled action.
    $75.00 shipping and insurance to return the rifle to you.

Furthermore, I requested that you ship the bolt assembly to us 2 months ago so we could ascertain that the action either was or was not effected. To date we have not received the requested bolt assembly, I am 99% positive that there is not any issue with the bolt ways however want to be 100% certain. Also without the bolt it is impossible to test fire the rifle before we return it. Without test firing the rifle it will NOT be returned.

Insurance claims take some time to deal with, having to get other expert opinions on repairs also takes time. A postal strike has not helped either.
    My calls to CP from last Friday have not be returned yet.

In a perfect world I should be able to bill for the hours of dealing with C Post and taking the gun to different shops, but guess what? I am just out the several hours of MY time that I could have been making money with rather than dickin around with an insurance claim.

Chris, I TOLD you I would work with you as best possible in getting this insurance claim dealt with but I draw the line at committing insurance fraud as you requested me to do.
    When the rifle originally arrived here there was damage to the trigger due to your inadequate packaging, and it was NOT a Jewel trigger that was damaged just the factory 1 but my understanding is that you succeeded in claiming for a Jewel. This may be part of the reason an inspector came to view not only the packaging but the gun. He said that packaging that we shipped the rifle to you in was adequate, hence approving payment for repairs.
    IF I had claimed the entire rifle was a write off as you asked me to do, what then????????? Pretty hard to claim it is a write off especially when other known and reputable gunsmiths would then say, it is a simple and minor fix.

I believe you opted to go public on this forum to try and coerce me into providing a new gun.

Looking down the bore of this rifle with a bore scope shows significantly more firecracking and throat erosion than 47 rounds would produce.

Bottom line. Send us the bolt, let us finish the repairs and test firing and we will return the rifle.
    A whole new rifle is just not going to happen. There is a huge difference between customer service and being taken advantage of for gain, and the latter is what I am seeing be tried for.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Kudos to ATR for goin the extra mile. The damage was done by a third party and they are doing the right thing by helping out. There are companies out there, believe me, that would tell you to put in a claim as its not their problem. If I was the OP I would have turned my anger toward Canada post and not someone who is on my side. In my business we have a PITA fee.