Czech Small Arms Distribution

The spirit of the original question was for the purpose of shooting corrosive ammo, so thats how the question was answered. As for wear resistance and extraction, I've never seen a restricted vz 58 extract any more reliably than a non restricted model. And wear resistance, I can understand it on a military gun that see's over 200K rounds before any kind of maintainance, but not on the rifle of the typical CGN vz 58 owner that shoots it 2 weeks a year and spends the other 50 talking about how uber-awesome it extracts.

Believe me, corrosive ammo or not, if you can get a chrome lined barrel, get one:)

The mag adapter are a high priority for us. Once they are ready, we will get as many as we can ASAP.

As for the pic, that rifle hasn't yet been done in that configuration so we had to cut and paste a bit to get the image. The receiver looks a little weird if you look too close, but the final product will look the same as the 762 version.

Thanks,

Got it. Many thanks for the extra info. Once the adapters are in, I am seriously considering another .223 CSA in the very near future. AK-ish looks, Czech reliability, AR-15/M-16 style mags & ammo... really, what's not to like about these rifles? I think this one will have it all...

:D

Well the 7.5" super short prototypes arrived at our dock just a few minutes ago. As promised here are the first pictures of this carbine.

I must say, these things are super slick. They have a great solid feel to them. They balence well and they come up beautifully.

Just to note, these models have a scope mount already installed. The future models will not have this option from the factory in order to keep the costs down for the people who do not want it. It will be available as an accessory in the future however. we are expecting our stocking shipment to be here in about 2 weeks. Until then, get your pre orders into your local dealer and drool over these pictures.

Thanks,

short1.jpg

short2.jpg

short3.jpg

short4.jpg

short5.jpg

short6.jpg

short7.jpg

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT A THING OF BEAUTY.

HOLY SHI_ATE I AM HAPPY I GOT MY PREORDER IN.

Ok, so the first ones coming in for sale will not have the scope mount?????

drool , drool , drool...

just to clarify your statement , no rail mount on future compacts but what about the carbines and non-res?

and what about the brake ? are all models comes with it or some do and some dont ?

I can't see how the piston can be two part.

Just to note, these models have a scope mount already installed. The future models will not have this option from the factory in order to keep the costs down for the people who do not want it.

I hope that means the price is less. These are already 100s more than regular 58s.

I can't see how the piston can be two part.

I asked if the piston was a separate piece, not a single piece.

There not much space to remove the piston considering it needs to be lifted up to clear the gas block. I wouldn't have been surprised if the piston ended up fitted to the bolt carrier and the ejector modded to compensate.

The mags on those are still pinned to 5 rounds, I see? How about getting them pistol status, same as the new XCR pistols? It seems pretty clear that, with the tiny hanguard in the front, the gun is meant to be fired one-handed (in other words, I don't think the CFC techs will object to something this obvious). Then all CSA has to do is to mark the mags accordingly. Just a thought.

;)

The mags on those are still pinned to 5 rounds, I see? How about getting them pistol status, same as the new XCR pistols? It seems pretty clear that, with the tiny hanguard in the front, the gun is meant to be fired one-handed (in other words, I don't think the CFC techs will object to something this obvious). Then all CSA has to do is to mark the mags accordingly. Just a thought.

;)

Keep in mind that the AR-15 mags are not legal at 10 rounds because they were modified and marked for use in a handgun. The manufacturer demonstrated that they designed and manufactured that particular mag specificly for a handgun.

Questar had posted the origional RCMP letter on the subject.

Keep in mind that the AR-15 mags are not legal at 10 rounds because they were modified and marked for use in a handgun. The manufacturer demonstrated that they designed and manufactured that particular mag specificly for a handgun.

Questar had posted the origional RCMP letter on the subject.

Easy to do... the CSA factory can probably make these for $5 or less a pop (their production cost) and sell them at $35 out here, minus middle man fees. Very doable and lots of $ to be made for sure. I've once spoken to someone who had contacts at an AK production plant... and if you knew their actual production costs on any given part (or an entire gun), you'd probably fall off your chair. Let's just say that they weren't too expensive.

Now, proving that a mag is "pistol specific" simply implies producing a mag that holds 10 rounds and stamping it as being for a pistol. No need to reinvent the wheel on that one, lol... especially if you already have all the required tooling for production. Besides... these minis ARE pistols, because they're neither rifles nor carbines (too short + I don't see how they could be interpreted as being intended to be fired 2 handed!).

:)

Now, proving that a mag is "pistol specific" simply implies producing a mag that holds 10 rounds and stamping it as being for a pistol. No need to reinvent the wheel on that one, lol... especially if you already have all the required tooling for production.
:)

Unfortunately, unless the RCMP are satisfied that CSA have reinvented the wheel, they will most likely default to the opinion that these are simply modified rifle magazines.

Back
Top Bottom