Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to shoot? South Vancouver Island

I'm a competitive shooter. Moved to Nanaimo. Looking for a 1000 yard backcountry shooting location. I collect and reload my brass so I leave nothing behind. I also only discharge a few rounds per outing. Please email me if you are a local with keys to the logging road gates. Money, beer, and friendship in exchange send me a pm
    Last edited by Jay; 08-26-2018 at 08:53 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jfilion2 View Post
    I'm a competitive shooter. Moved to Nanaimo. Looking for a 1000 yard backcountry shooting location. I collect and reload my brass so I leave nothing behind. I also only discharge a few rounds per outing. Please email me if you are a local with keys to the logging road gates. Money, beer, and friendship in exchange send me a pm
    Down the gravel road Westerly , turn left at the 2nd Red Cedar tree and head up to the gravel pit.
    Bob's yer Uncle.
    FLHTCUI
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

I just found this 2 year old thread via a google search. I have been range shooting to 250 yards max and have been looking for somewhere to stretch it out to 400 - 1000 yards. Is there anyone that can give pointers on current areas for long range shooting on lower Vancouver Island? I know VF&G access to Kapoor and Butler gates has been suspended during fire season (and want $50 for access) on Aug 21.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123