Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Plans for a .308 AR? MAJOR UPDATE MAY 8 2014

Last edited by Obsessed; 07-05-2013 at 03:44 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    I would suggest offering this rifle if everything goes well in a 20" and 24" SS 1:11.25 twist barrel for accuracy and target shooting. Yes it's a bit heavier but the 308 does very well with a 20" barrel.

Also reviews of your product will be based a large part on accuracy. People wanted/expected the XCR-M and RFB to be non restricted sniper rifles. They aren't.

The use of the barrel choices I picked will allow people to put their 168 Federal Gold ammo or similar reloads along with 175 ammo into the rifle and shoot right away. This will give you the best accuracy ratings from the get go. 18.5" barrels with 1:10 twist etc require some fiddling with the ammo. It will take a long time to get good accuracy results. Initial sales may slow down or reviews on the internet may be unfavourable.

This also allows interchangeability between your accurate bolt action and the semi auto. Many of us like to only worry about a few loads rather than having to tailor a round for every firearm.

DI was a good call. It's much easier to get accuracy. Plus less weight and parts.

I would rethink the quick take down. It's nice to be able to break apart the rifle quickly for cleaning and in some cases transport.

Look forward to seeing pictures when it's complete.

CGN Regular
    any updates on this project?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eg23 View Post
    any updates on this project?
    Nope. Yet another month has gone by with no words at all from our RCMP lab folks. They used to at least acknowledge my emails of inquiry as each month went by, but no longer do they even bother to reply.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You could try sending them a notarized pen & paper letter. That way they can't deny receiving it.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    You could try sending them a notarized pen & paper letter. That way they can't deny receiving it.
    They had to sign for the guns we sent them, and are not denying that they have them, they just seem to be ignoring my requests for updates as to if or when they may get around to classing them.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    They had to sign for the guns we sent them, and are not denying that they have them, they just seem to be ignoring my requests for updates as to if or when they may get around to classing them.
    Its a long process. I waited for 6 months, and that was with weekly calls.

The lab will claim that your gun is the last in a long line of guns waiting for inspection.

In my experience, when they stop communicating, it means they are trying to buy time. Usually to find any possible way to classify the firearm in a higher category of restriction.

Or, just maybe, they ran out of duct tape, bubble gum and popsicle sticks, and are waiting for a replenishment so they can perform their full-auto mods.

YMMV. I hope you have a winner though!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I meant deny receiving your letters.

"I'm sorry, we never received your request for an update", etc.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

I am annoyed, but not overly surprised by this.

My wallet is quivering with anticipation over this rifle. Good thing I didn't see the thread earlier this year! Hopefully the feds will come through with a positive outcome soon.

Ben

BANNED
    Hopefully it gets classified NR! The more scary it looks when done, the better!