Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Canada: GM6 Lynx -50 cal Semi-auto bullpup

Quote Originally Posted by 1895GS View Post
    This rifle is ridiculous. Why anyone would need anything bigger than a 30-30 for deer is beyond me.
    Need. No. Want YES!

Lightbulb

Wow! - Does it have a 0% financing?LOL
    CCRF member

Quote Originally Posted by XRCD011 View Post
    Hello and greetings to the posters of 62/64 and 65. You bring some insight to the subject and thank you for posting. I have nothing against the rifle just this silly "anti material rifle" label. Yes a sniper can poke 1/2" holes in "material" and deny its use by the enemy but the concept is weak and dated, actually while it could be done it must be short list of times a .50 was used in a AMR role. Yes its another tool in the box but not a very capable one when other means are available to accomplish the job. And while some think the .50 rifle is the great game changer on the battlefield as long as the National ROE are adhered to and the systems are in place to destroy a target I would go the heavier weapon (155/JDAM) route anyday if that option is available.
    Going on memory here, corrections are welcome. Back in the First Iraq War, when Saddam's troops were lobbing Scud missiles all over the place, the allied forces were intent on destroying as many as possible before they were fired or at least putting the launchers out of commission after firing. Iraqi troops would drive out into the desert, unload an old oil drum, dump some crude oil into it, light it, and take off. Then they would park a couple of miles away and laugh at The American fighter-bombers that loosed a million bucks worth of smart bombs on nothing. Meanwhile, British SAS teams were roaming the desert in their Land Rovers, blowing up Scuds at a mile or two with their .50 Barretts.

In a similar vein, remember the Patriot missiles that Americans used to shoot down so many Scuds? I think they claimed 80% success, something like that, anyway. Postwar analysis showed that they never hit a single one. The Scuds were such crappy missiles that they fell to pieces when they re-entered the denser part of the atmosphere.

Moral of the story: in peacetime, don't believe any claim without verification. In wartime, don't believe any claim at all.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Subscribed for interest. I'm glad I have already started saving for this bad boy. :P

A Tavor, XCR, AR-10, KEL-Tec RFB, Plus optics for all 4 for the price of that monster.

I do like it though. "Honey.. Fetch my 50.....I'm going to the gravel pit."

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnadoor View Post
    A Tavor, XCR, AR-10, KEL-Tec RFB, Plus optics for all 4 for the price of that monster.

I do like it though. "Honey.. Fetch my 50.....I'm going to the gravel pit."
    Not quite, but I get the point Then you have to feed it at $5-10/round depending on what you're throwing downrange.

Too bad you can't get one belt-fed and jeep mounted

The price of my gopher hunting would go through the roof...
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post
    Not quite, but I get the point Then you have to feed it at $5-10/round depending on what you're throwing downrange.

Too bad you can't get one belt-fed and jeep mounted

The price of my gopher hunting would go through the roof...
    Reloaded myself they still cost more than $5/round. Commercial stuff costs $10-$15 per round ($15 being "match"). If you know where it can be found for $5/round please post!

Having said that I'm buying a GM6.
    Last edited by jwc; 07-12-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: More info
    Sweet

Frontier is getting some .50bmg at around 6.50 a round.

Quote Originally Posted by killa_454 View Post
    Hallelujah!

Sweet

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc View Post
    Reloaded myself they still cost more than $5/round. Commercial stuff costs $10-$15 per round ($15 being "match"). If you know where it can be found for $5/round please post!
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_454 View Post
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=627555

$5/1000 or $6/200 or $7/10 per round for FMJ-BT 660gr. from Shooters Edge in Cowgary.

If they raised the pelts on gophers to about $20 a piece it'd almost be worth it:D
    Last edited by incorrigible; 07-19-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum